AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now say someone succumbed to the Royal Tiger pre-Black Friday sale on 223 VEPR IV's. And say one was trying to make VEPR IV a decent RPK-74M clone..... what would be an appropriate muzzle device?
This look kinda right:
22252 Type 84 style birdcage flash hider - M14 X 1 RH
What is the thread on the VEPR IV for that matter? Is the muzzle device on the VEPR IV tack welded or does it come right off?

Thank You!

EDIT - Huh, you can't change thread titles.... Anyway, does anyone know a source for modernized RPK-74 5.45 45rd ribbed, black, magazines? Is there a less awkward name for the modernized, ribbed, 45 round 5.45 mags while we are at it? Again, Thank You!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was planning on using the same flash hider it is not thr right one but it is close. Are you changing yours to 5.45? I am looking for the 45rd ribbed mags but in 556.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to stick with 5.56 for now. I'm looking for the "proper" 5.45 magazine more for display purposes. It wouldn't be a complete waste... I have a number 5.45 weapons that can make "real" use of the magazine at other times.

Reactions: Grendeljaeger

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
I used one of the CNC warrior FH on a 1984 RPK74N build; It was identical to the original Russian, and interchanged. Finish is blued though, and not painted flat black.

As for the mags, you just have to check the various Russians selling "grey market" stuff, but they are not cheap.....

Unless you can find one of these-

·
Registered
394 Posts
I used one of the CNC warrior FH on a 1984 RPK74N build; It was identical to the original Russian, and interchanged. Finish is blued though, and not painted flat black.

As for the mags, you just have to check the various Russians selling "grey market" stuff, but they are not cheap.....

Unless you can find one of these-

That is the mag I am looking for I know it will be pricey but if you know where any can be found please PM me a link. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
man wish I would have know that! I was just in Germany!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only place I have seen them sold commercially is in Germany, and even then they are about $120.
Can you name a specific shop? I have buddies heading that way.....

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cnc warrior is $21 and a US part. Its identical.
BigAL - appreciate the heads up.
Stottman - appreciate the advice.

Do you think the KVAR one is "painted"?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
WOW!!!! Merry Christmas to me. There is one on GB the guy has a reserve of $500 when I talked to him. Glad I didn't get it. I will be ordering 2 on the 26th.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
The rifle is only a grand over there...what a deal!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts