AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1281 - 1300 of 1865 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
View attachment 284987
From April 4-14 the death toll has stayed fairly constant. Most people who are infected either get better within two weeks or they don't. So these numbers should start going down in another week if the stay in place/social distancing is working and the virus spread is decreasing.
Saw on the news people might have to social distance until 2022 unless there is a vaccine.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
View attachment 284987
From April 4-14 the death toll has stayed fairly constant. Most people who are infected either get better within two weeks or they don't. So these numbers should start going down in another week if the stay in place/social distancing is working and the virus spread is decreasing.
There were several thousand dead that got counted based on other reasons. Plus the communities it is effecting are those who can't afford to stay home. I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone. However they got to where they're at is it but while I'm sitting at home there's a bunch of Mexicans outside right now cutting the grass, doing roofing, also commuting together in close proximity, possibly sharing lunch/water then going to gas stations, buying gas, hotdogs, doing shopping...etc ... All it takes is for one to get sick and he can easily pass it on to his co-workers and anyone else he comes in contact with.
Aside from that you still have stores open and asymptomatic people. There's still going to be flare-ups

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Saw on the news people might have to social distance until 2022 unless there is a vaccine.
Thank God! Getting tired of people all close and shit. If the people I share an office with could move over across the street to the highway....that would be great!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Odd that they're doing that while some grocery stores have 2 per person limits on that very item. I just wish they were better equipped to deal with surplus than just waste it. You can make cheese out of the milk instead... and the amount of milk it takes to make cheese is quite high.
That limit must be in your area. There is no limit where I am at. A few weeks ago milk supply at Walmart was low. Then last week there was so much milk at Walmart it was in coolers that normally have other items. Yesterday when I was there the milk was at normal levels.
Danone (Dannon) has a large yogurt plant (at one time the largest in America) in Minster, Ohio that uses so much milk two families built a 4500 cow dairy to supply milk.
Dairy farming has a lot to do with contracts also.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/01/dairy-farmers-are-struggling-as-they-are-squeezed-out-of-a-changing-milk-market.html

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Thank God! Getting tired of people all close and shit. If the people I share an office with could move over across the street to the highway....that would be great!
Sounds like you don't care much for your coworkers.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
What is happening in NY with the static death tools? They have reported 600-700 deaths per day for some time now.
How is this possible?
The only way this can stay so constant is if they are lying about the numbers or the entire city is infected and the gestation period of the virus varies per person.
I think you grossly underestimate the number of people living in New York. Their numbers can stay that high because there were that many sick people.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
I worked a whopping hour today before being sent home. Got a little complacent covering for other people while they were on vacation or otherwise away. I'm not too terribly concerned though as I'll earn my hours back and more when the quarantine is lifted and people flood the hospital for their elective surgeries. Oh I'll complain for sure until I get my paycheck.

Fortunately my Vegetation Mode is on point and I can stay inside and do nothing for hours on end. It's a carefully honed skill that took a long time to perfect.
We're starting back Tier 2 surgeries. So not full on elective, business as usual, but things turned out well enough here once the idiots had to stay at home because they finally mandated bars and restaurants closed that hopefully we've reached our peak and things will flatten.

What will happen later this fall, or even summer, when people have gotten out and gotten lax about handwashing? Who knows. But the scuttlebutt I'm hearing is that universities aren't even recruiting for the fall semester, and aren't anticipating having any in person classes until 2021.

·
Registered
21,689 Posts
We're starting back Tier 2 surgeries. So not full on elective, business as usual, but things turned out well enough here once the idiots had to stay at home because they finally mandated bars and restaurants closed that hopefully we've reached our peak and things will flatten.

What will happen later this fall, or even summer, when people have gotten out and gotten lax about handwashing? Who knows. But the scuttlebutt I'm hearing is that universities aren't even recruiting for the fall semester, and aren't anticipating having any in person classes until 2021.
That's encouraging.

I noticed a little increase in tempo today where I wasn't bored or sent home early but wasn't overwhelmed either..well briefly at one point but it was more my awful luck and bad timing than any sudden deluge of specimens. I don't think they're turning on the tap quite yet as far as surgeries go, however.

Universities operating remotely is smart money, so it's not a surprise that they're staying closed. The real interesting part will be the housing situation and the legal fights that are on the horizon. I'm also interested in seeing how the personal 'stimulus' payments are spent, but I'm not sure there's a way to properly collect that data.

Reactions: JoeMomma

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
Universities operating remotely is smart money, so it's not a surprise that they're staying closed. The real interesting part will be the housing situation and the legal fights that are on the horizon. I'm also interested in seeing how the personal 'stimulus' payments are spent, but I'm not sure there's a way to properly collect that data.
I've been thinking about the remote college thing, because I'm currently doing an online graduate program that has had these massive changes at the end of our course work although I'd think they would be unencumbered because online is the nature of the program. So places like Stanford offer ALL of their class content online already free of charge. The main selling point so far has been obviously, the degree, but also the "campus experience." If the campus experience is gone, and you're getting the same content as the freebie guy...why the fuck pay Stanford tuition?

As far as the housing situation, the student loan bubble was already looming. With the presidential candidates we have, I don't see a solution to that. Compound that with the most rapid joblessness we've ever seen and it's going to be interesting. It's especially interesting when a lot of people are now making more money on unemployment than essential workers are making working. I've been in a position where I was offered shit jobs while unemployed and flat-out told recruiters I was passing because I'd make less than I did on unemployment and not be able to look for a better job because my time would be occupied.

I really wonder what our society, not just economy, is going to look like come this time next year.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Less people are drinking milk is a problem. Dean Foods which is part of Dairy Pure filed for bankruptcy citing less people drinking milk and Walmart built their own dairy. More people drink almond milk and other crap. Walmart's brand milk (Great Value) one gallon is less than half of Dean's. But I buy Dean's Whole milk because Great Value tastes watered down to me. Dean's is still in business.
That is definitely also another problem.

Another fun thing about Almond milk. Almond trees are big contributors to soil erosion and drought because the trees consume so much water. And the only reason its "high in vitamins" is because they add a bunch to it. IE: they crush a bunch of powder into the water along with the almonds.

Soy is also a terrible thing because of the hormonal problems that concentrated soy causes.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts

Another fun thing about Almond milk. Almond trees are big contributors to soil erosion and drought because the trees consume so much water. And the only reason its "high in vitamins" is because they add a bunch to it. IE: they crush a bunch of powder into the water along with the almonds.

Soy is also a terrible thing because of the hormonal problems that concentrated soy causes.
Like anything else. Eat in moderation and it's good for you

·
Registered
21,689 Posts

D230-cjXQAA1r-H.jpg large.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
So far I haven't encountered any problems with oat-milk. Sure it's not milk, but oats in itself is something that seems to grow without any issues to land etc.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
"Soy is also a terrible thing because of the hormonal problems that concentrated soy causes.

Ahhhh... so that's where the soyboys come from, hormones in the soy milk. that's the most logical answer I've found.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
OK, when does this stop? What could be wrong with armbands?

https://montanadailygazette.com/2020/04/14/montana-county-demands-people-wear-government-issued-arm-bands-to-do-business/?fbclid=IwAR3fo1Y0Q28OpyV_deyfhN4fxM8vPBnOX0um3iylpqrc7wpVVs5vr-aangc

In PA, our comrade governor is 'requiring' that as of 8PM Sunday that everyone working in 'essential businesses' (those he decided can remain open, like beer distributors) must where a mask, and that anyone without a mask is to be denied access to places of businesses. Unless you have a medical condition or are under 2 years old. Though there is no 'requirement' to prove that medical condition.

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-orders-businesses-to-turn-away-customers-who-dont-wear-masks/

1281 - 1300 of 1865 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.