AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a warning to those that are planning on making it through the post apocalypse.

Corn. If you eat nothing but corn. Cornbread, corn tortillas, corn porridge...all straight corn with no fat, no protein...understand that you will see visions and talk to the corn god, (hallucinate) and then turn cannibal and eat your neighbors and all non clan members of your community.

The same is true for any all carbohydrate diet but in the USA corn is what you have to look out for. Rice will do it too.

You have to have meat, or wheat.

Plan accordingly.

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
In my anthropology class, I learned that many experts beleive that this is exactly what happened to some of the native american peoples of the southwest and the interior of north america hundreds of years ago (before the spanish came). There is also a specific disease that comes from eating a diet of mostly corn, which will bother me until I find it. I'll go look now.

·
Registered
617 Posts
What if I just distill the corn, and live off the "squeezin's"?

I predict that life will be short and violent, but VERY interesting.

Thanks for the sig line!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
...then turn cannibal and eat your neighbors and all non clan members of your community.
This is already part of my plan though. We'll just eat the neighbors. (They're not very pleasant people but they stay in shape and avoid harmful substances).

:wink:

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bread is People said:
In my anthropology class, I learned that many experts beleive that this is exactly what happened to some of the native american peoples of the southwest and the interior of north america hundreds of years ago (before the spanish came). There is also a specific disease that comes from eating a diet of mostly corn, which will bother me until I find it. I'll go look now.
Ya know that in the Chaco Canyon area they have yet to find the burial grounds for the tens of thousands of people that are supposed to have lived there for hundreds of years.

AND,

that the Navajo and Hopi consider the place as somewhere that great ancient evil was practiced.

Not much to bury when you eat the dead, even grinding their bones for soup and bread.

·
Registered
617 Posts
s70fan said:
Not much to bury when you eat the dead, even grinding their bones for soup and bread.
I bet cornbread would go good with that. :razz:

The Corn God approves.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
j_tudeski said:
...then turn cannibal and eat your neighbors and all non clan members of your community.
This is already part of my plan though. We'll just eat the neighbors. (They're not very pleasant people but they stay in shape and avoid harmful substances).

:wink:

Lots of those around here! Just start with the HOA president and work your way down. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts