AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the milled TG's at cope's can be used in conjunction with a stamped-receiver selector stop on a stamped rifle?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brownstown said:
Armed Ferret..you still looking for a TG? I think AKparts.com has Romy ones for sale.
I am, but I have to place an order with cope's anyway so i figured i'd throw in the parts if they'll work.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
fwiw, that unit looks just like a stamped unit. It even looks like remnants of a stamped receiver.

From a Yugo standpoint... the only difference between the stamped and milled trigger guards is that the mag release lever is milled vs stamped, everything else is the same.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have a milled TG at home and it looks like it would work to me but you will still need a selector stop plate.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool beans, ordered the cope's milled and a selector stop plate today. :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I order two and one was stamped and one milled.Maybe you will get lucky.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I actually got a stamped-receiver model, because it came with a selector stop in the usual place--between the trigger guard and receiver stub.

Anyone need a selector stop plate? I ordered one thinking it would come off a milled receiver. :grin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered one of Cope's millled TG's & a selector stop for a milled M70 kit .
Will these two items work with a ORF milled receiver?

·
Registered
92 Posts
trigger guards

I should have said selector stops in the above post. Both trigger guards had safey selector stops and were from stamped receivers. I was removing the rivets today and one of them has only one rivet in each side of the mag catch instead of the usual 2. Weird. That is a first for me. Will weld up and drill 2 holes.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Re: trigger guards

Racerex1 said:
I should have said selector stops in the above post. Both trigger guards had safey selector stops and were from stamped receivers. I was removing the rivets today and one of them has only one rivet in each side of the mag catch instead of the usual 2. Weird. That is a first for me. Will weld up and drill 2 holes.
If it only has 2 holes it could be Chinese. There are a few people looking for them in the WTB section.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Re: trigger guards

walt-oxie1 said:
If it only has 2 holes it could be Chinese. There are a few people looking for them in the WTB section.

Yep, you could trade it off very quickly.

t

1 - 16 of 16 Posts