Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts need to be changed?
it is a Bulgarian krink

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've have had Bulgarian 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62 Krinkov parts kits. The 5.56 and 7.62 barrel parts interchange with each other but not with 5.45. I think this is due to the different gas piston head and a matching front sight block. I seem to remember the gas piston head was made longer, but not longer in the stem but the head is longer and the gas block in the front sight base is deeper. The other odd thing was the 5.56 came with milled receiver type recoil string guides, even though they were stamped receiver parts kits. When pulling the charging handle the recoil spring in the 5.56 felt heavier. Kvar now claims all of the recoils are the same but I think the 5.56 recoil spring may be a bit heavier. It does feel that way. I don't think that would be a problem. The 5.56 gas block may not work right with a 5.45 bolt carrier and gas piston. The 5.56 gas piston would end up too ong if fitted to a 5.45 bolt carrier which is a longer bolt carrier. The gas chambers are designed for the sizes of the gas pistons, including depth. I would change all of the barrel parts, trunnion, bolt, bolt carrier and gas piston.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
probably cheaper just to buy one espeacialy considering what a proper 5.45 AKSU barrel goes for

·
Banned
950 Posts
I've have had Bulgarian 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62 Krinkov parts kits. The 5.56 and 7.62 barrel parts interchange with each other but not with 5.45. I think this is due to the different gas piston head and a matching front sight block. I seem to remember the gas piston head was made longer, but not longer in the stem but the head is longer and the gas block in the front sight base is deeper. The other odd thing was the 5.56 came with milled receiver type recoil string guides, even though they were stamped receiver parts kits. When pulling the charging handle the recoil spring in the 5.56 felt heavier. Kvar now claims all of the recoils are the same but I think the 5.56 recoil spring may be a bit heavier. It does feel that way. I don't think that would be a problem. The 5.56 gas block may not work right with a 5.45 bolt carrier and gas piston. The 5.56 gas piston would end up too ong if fitted to a 5.45 bolt carrier which is a longer bolt carrier. The gas chambers are designed for the sizes of the gas pistons, including depth. I would change all of the barrel parts, trunnion, bolt, bolt carrier and gas piston.

Bulgarian's did their program right, they based the 5.56 and 7.62 on the same AKM/47 style. They are now no longer even issuing 5.45x39 rifles. Essentially, 5.56 and 7.62 would meet all their needs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bulgarian's did their program right, they based the 5.56 and 7.62 on the same AKM/47 style. They are now no longer even issuing 5.45x39 rifles. Essentially, 5.56 and 7.62 would meet all their needs.

Well the Russians wanted some crazy license fee that was more than the company is worth. Hungary gave in decided to give up making AK's. Romania claimed their AK's are their own improved design and just refused to pay. Russia charges a license fee for making 5.45 ammunition but it is considered reasonable compared to the AK license.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
If you ever get rid of the bulgy 556 fsb let me know. Ive got a NOS 556 trunion, barrel, bolt, carrier.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Well the Russians wanted some crazy license fee that was more than the company is worth. Hungary gave in decided to give up making AK's. Romania claimed their AK's are their own improved design and just refused to pay. Russia charges a license fee for making 5.45 ammunition but it is considered reasonable compared to the AK license.
Very interesting, thanks for the info I never knew that.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Personally, I'd sell the 5.56x45 krink and replace it with a new SLR-104UR 5.45x39 krink. I think that will be your cheapest route and you won't end up with a mismarked gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts