AK Rifles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a lurker for quite a while on this site just waiting to give the news that now there is a way to reliably reload steel cased berdan cartridges. In the light of the administrations move to begin to ban certain ammo that is coming from outside the country and we all know with the climate they will try to ban all Russian made ammo from coming into the country. It is just a matter of time. Well with the recent ban on the 5.45x39 steel core ammo that was probably a good 80% of the ammo coming in for that caliber has made a shortage. It was my wake up call to realize that it could be all calibers that they eventually try to ban if they are coming in from out of the country. And with a certain person in the administration that signed the UN Small Arms Treaty, it will just be a matter of time before they enact a ban on all ammo coming in from outside of the country. I had a very hard time finding brass to reload and racked my brain and came up with something awesome that anybody can use to convert a steel or brass cased Berdan primer to reliably accept a boxer primer and be totally reloadable. I introduce to you here first on this forum the patent pending....... "Partizan Mk IV" Berdan primer to Boxer Primer conversion system. We will be offering a big discount to members of this forum. Just send me a private message and I will give you the code to enter in the website when you order.
Product
here is also a video on a step by step. With this system it is very easy to do.

Check out the webstore as well with bulk bullets and bullet molds and many more things coming.

Russian Reloads

·
Registered
68 Posts
So shooting those .223 bullets in 5.45 cases has no adverse effects on a 5.45 barrels? Sorry if it's a dumb question but I always believed 223 was like 1/100" larger than 5.45.

- Willy B

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well what I have noticed in most of the AK series of guns is that they are a lot like the Mosin. The true barrel diameter is often all over the scale. I strongly suggest that anybody that is doing reloads actually take and slug your barrel to find out what the true diameter is. In the case of most of the AK series they can be off by quite a bit from rifle to rifle. The lead bullets are easy to size and for some guns you may have to resize the bullet down to around a .221 to .223 just depending on the gun. We have loaded up some 5.45 with regular off the shelf bullets that we sell on our site and they fired just fine. Sizing the bullets is really simple to do when you have the die. Most of the adverse effects you would have would be from the factory ammo because the bullets are steel jacketed with a light brass coating on them and that is why they are magnetic. Those actually make much more barrel wear than a true copper jacketed bullet or a copper plated bullet that is over lead. A copper jacketed bullet will also size fairly easy when run through a sizing die. We also sell numerous different bullet casting molds to cast your own out of lead and really save some money. Since the 5.45 was considered an unreladable cartridge there is not a lot of data on the reloading of it so we are setting a new market for the reloading of the cartridge. Nobody made any real brass for the cartridge and a few people were re forming .222 cases to work. Talk about a ton of work just to reload it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sizing dies for 545 are available from C&H as well as Lee, easy to size from 223 to 545, though 223 projectiles are rather short.

·
Super Moderator
12,279 Posts
you will need to Click the link at the top of the page labeled "advertising information". Fill it out and send a request to the admins on becoming a vendor.

all of your post's have been about your product. please sign up to be a vendor.

not trying to push you away, we want you here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.