AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a unique state law, police in Connecticut have disarmed dozens of gun owners based on suspicions that they might harm themselves or others.

The state’s gun seizure law is considered the first and only law in the country that allows the confiscation of a gun before the owner commits an act of violence. Police and state prosecutors can obtain seizure warrants based on concerns about someone’s intentions.

State police and 53 police departments have seized more than 1,700 guns since the law took effect in October 1999, according to a new report to the legislature. There are nearly 900,000 privately owned firearms in Connecticut today.

Opponents of a gun seizure law expressed fears in 1999 that police would abuse the law. Today, the law’s backers say the record shows that hasn’t been the case.

“It certainly has not been abused. It may be underutilized,” said Ron Pinciaro, coexecutive director of Connecticut Against Gun Violence.

·
Banned
88 Posts
No more getting upset at bad customer service, or people getting your fast food wrong, they will come take your guns away if you show emotions... Supposed to all be good little sheep and follow our herder. WEAKNESS

Warning: Fascism is bad for your health.

·
Registered
21,875 Posts
“It certainly has not been abused. It may be underutilized,” said Ron Pinciaro, coexecutive director of Connecticut Against Gun Violence.

NO BIAS THERE, PEOPLE....

Let's see how he likes it when the cops take his cars away because they fear he'll drive drunk. Or take away his kids because he might abuse them...

oh man I'm angry now.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Im Assuming that Ron Pinciaro has a penis?? does this mean he should be locked up for being a potential rapist??

what a load of horse shit :mad:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Penguin said:
Im Assuming that Ron Pinciaro has a penis?? does this mean he should be locked up for being a potential rapist??

what a load of horse shit :mad:
Or maybe they should just confiscate it? He might hurt someone or himself with it one day.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
1) Please vet the story before posting.

2) If you receive stuff like this in an email, chances are it's bullshit.

3) If you post something like this, post the link to the original story and make sure it's from a credible source.

skrilla, if you want to provide a link or back this up, pm or email me. Until then, I'm closing it down.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Templar said:
1) Please vet the story before posting.

2) If you receive stuff like this in an email, chances are it's bullshit.

3) If you post something like this, post the link to the original story and make sure it's from a credible source.

skrilla, if you want to provide a link or back this up, pm or email me. Until then, I'm closing it down.
It's definitely not bullshit. I live in CT and we DO have the "turn your neighbor in" law. :roll: But, I think most, if not all states have provisions to confiscate firearms from people who have demonstrated suicidal or other dangerous tendencies if they can document it.

However, notice that multiple steps are required to actually confiscate the guns. Basically, just because someone doesn't "like" your or is "mad" at you, they can't take your guns. There must be a viable and credible reason, like you are a danger to yourself and/or others or you have made a direct threat, which is provable or something.

"Under the law, any two police officers or a state prosecutor may obtain warrants to seize guns from individuals who pose an imminent risk of harming themselves or others. Before applying for warrants, police must first conduct investigations and determine there is no reasonable alternative to seizing someone's guns. Judges must also make certain findings."

However, THIS is what bothers me. I have all of that security stuff, including my pistol permit and firearms, except surveillance cameras, but I've thought about installing them. So, making my house a "harder" target than my neighbor's makes me paranoid? I don't like this one bit. :roll:

"In October 2006, Torrington police got a seizure warrant after the man made 28 unsubstantiated claims of vandalism to his property in three-year period. In the application, police described the man's behavior as paranoid and delusional. They said he installed an alarm system, surveillance cameras, noise emitting devices and spotlights for self-protection. They also reported that he had a pistol permit and possessed firearms."

·
Banned
636 Posts
Maljunulo said:
It appears that in CT the police are qualified to make Psychiatric diagnoses. Boy! That makes me feel really safe.
Yeah, I wondered about that, too. It just says police officers and judges must conduct an investigation, but they still DECIDE who's unstable enough to confiscate someone's firearms. I'd feel better if they had to seek judgement from an actual doctor, psychiatrist, etc, but in this corrupt state, they'd probably be on the "take" like a lot of the corrupt officials/politicians. Hell, even our last Governor (Rowland) was kicked out of office and went to jail for a corruption scandal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Mar18.html

Who knows in this gay ass, libtard state... I can see one day where, just because you even OWN firearms, they could determine that you're "unstable". After all, we firearm owners actually DO have the potential/tools to go on a murderous spree, right?

I also don't like the fact that my local law enforcement and the state police KNOW I own firearms since I had to go through both to get my pistol/carry permit. For those that don't know about CT, you pretty much HAVE to have your state pistol permit to do ANYTHING with a handgun aside from just wanting to carry. You can NOT move it by any means from your house or business (if you own it) without that permit regardless of what condition the handgun is in. Broken down, field stripped, empty, locked up...doesn't matter. No permit = class D felony for illegal transportation of a handgun. So, that little old lady with a .38 snubby in her nightstand had better have her permit if she want to practice once a year at the range and never intends to carry a day in her life. And, yes, undercover cops do spot checks at the ranges checking for people without permits. I have a former co-worker sitting in jail right now for this very reason because he felt like the rules didn't apply to him because he's a good ol' southern boy and just moved here. I warned him about this, but... This is EXACTLY why CT is the fourth highest state in the nation in which the ratio of residents who actually have their carry permit as compared to all the residents who could legally get permits. So, percentage wise, CT has a higher ratio of ccw permits issued than gun loving states such as AZ, TX, and FL.

I also bought an AK here and one of the forms has a copy sent to the DPS/SFLU AND my local law enforcement with ALL of my information on it. Makes it REAL easy to find the owners when/if a total ban on "assault weapons" ever passes in CT. All "assault weapons" must be registered with the state police to be legal, even the grandfathered ones before the stupid AWB was passed otherwise you risk a class D felony for possession. Good luck at the range with an unregistered weapon! It DOES happen and undercover officers WILL call the serial and the person's info in to check. This happened at the High Rock Range and they STILL called me in even though I had copies of all my transfer/registration paperwork complete with email printouts from SGT Bastura, who's the XO of the SFLU saying my AK was perfectly legal. I was new to the state then and not entirely familiar with the laws and the "AK-47 TYPE" ban had me worried about my AK-74. :roll:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dtemplar, you are saying that underover cops came to the range and checked everyone's Assault type weapons?
How long ago?
I believe a couple of the range officers are police officers.
I don't know how long you have been in this "wonderful" state.

·
Banned
636 Posts
petro said:
Dtemplar, you are saying that underover cops came to the range and checked everyone's Assault type weapons?
How long ago?
I have been in CT for just over 2 years now. The first summer I was here (2006) was when they spot checked the High Rock range. The officer was not in uniform, but was driving the typical statie car with no markings. He took my AK away from me and back to his car to call it in over the radio so he could read the serial number. He did the same to two other shooters with AR type rifles, too. Are the range officers local police or are they STATE police?

My co-worker was popped at Wolf's in Bristol for shooting pistols without a permit. Not really sure if they called the cops or if they did a random check, but it still happened and he's now in jail with a class D felony conviction.

·
Registered
379 Posts
dtemplar said:
petro said:
How long ago?
I have been in CT for just over 2 years now. The first summer I was here (2006) was when they spot checked the High Rock range. The officer was not in uniform, but was driving the typical statie car with no markings. He took my AK away from me and back to his car to call it in over the radio so he could read the serial number. He did the same to two other shooters with AR type rifles, too. Are the range officers local police or are they STATE police?

My co-worker was popped at Wolf's in Bristol for shooting pistols without a permit. Not really sure if they called the cops or if they did a random check, but it still happened and he's now in jail with a class D felony conviction.
I believe the range officer(s) are local cops. But they are Club members.
I have had my tantal and bulgy 74 there. I saw a badge ( it think) or a cell phone with a dective's name on it. No problems. (crosses fingers)

I used to go to Wolf"s back in the 90's. They always asked for your permit when you signed in. I am suprised he got in.

You were shooting a 74?

·
Banned
636 Posts
Yes, I was shooting a 74 as we all know AK in 7.62 anything is banned in CT. :roll: Not sure what Wolf's does nowadays because I've never been there. They may still check for permits because I'm not exactly sure how he got tagged as I mentioned before. They may have detained him at the store, got his license plate number, etc when he showed up with no permit. Probably didn't even make it on to the range. He just didn't show up for work one day and I never got a chance to ask what happened. Either way, he was an asshole so I don't care anyway.

Funny how I can put a pistol gripped non-folding stock on an SKS and convert it to take AK-47 mags and have the same firepower/capacity as an actual AK-47 and that's perfectly legal??? CT is one screwy state with the AWB. They'd drop a flaming turd if they saw my SKS that's back in AZ complete with a pistol grip and folding stock, flash supressor, bayonet lug WITH bayonet affixed, converted to use AK-47 mags. Here in CT, if a rifle uses detachable mags, you only get ONE extra "evil" feature. For the 74, it's the pistol grip. Interestingly enough, when I bought my 74, the dealer went out of his way to tell me that the muzzle "device" is a break and NOT a flash suppressor, even though I already knew that. I figured out why later when I researched the laws further. He also pointed out that the bayonet lug was cut off as if I couldn't see that for myself. I did get a good price at $550, which is good in this damned expensive state. He threw in a 1080 round tin of ammo for $50 which was good, too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts