AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Wow! $116!!!! :mad:

That's not the $40 I paid for AK complience parts.

What a racket!

·
Registered
371 Posts
But FAL compliance parts are at least that much. G3 compliance parts are even higher.

It's not an AK, it has nothing in common with an AK aside from caliber, and should not be held to the same standards and/or expectations of an AK when it comes to cost of parts.

This is ORF's first production run of these parts. You are paying not just for the parts, but for the R&D, as well as the tooling costs that were involved to get these parts out the door. Once ORF meets their overhead cost on the parts, the prices should drop a bit...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
animator said:
G3 compliance parts are even higher.
You ain't lying they are expensive. I could have bought everything including compliance parts to build a Romy AK for what the G3 or CETME compliance parts cost me alone.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
koldwarkid said:
Wow! $116!!!! :mad:

That's not the $40 I paid for AK complience parts.

What a racket!
These were custom made just for the group buy. They are not mass produced like G2's. No rackets involved. The compliance parts from weaponeer were as much or more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i thougth. I have looked around and they are the only one who makes the parts that I can find. Sure am glad i got my kit when it was $50; makes this a little easier to handle

·
Registered
2 Posts
DIY?

Why couldn't a person just build his own replacement parts?
I have machine tools, pretty sure I could duplicate at least 10 parts.

Is there an process to document country of origina that allows a DIY solution?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts