AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to watch the Postman again. The thing that stands out is small communities thriving during bad times. If only we could build a place like that. God willing, I will try. What are your thoughts? Is this crazy? MV out!

Oh, and I need mules. :smile:

·
Registered
53 Posts
You would need to get together with a lot of like-minded folks. Preferably beforehand. That will be tough, too many sheep nowadays, and of the non-sheep, you would need people with certain skills and knowledge.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is/was the "Free State" project but I'm not for sure just where that stands now. In theory, it's a hell of an idea.

I've always had a theory about "survivalists" and "preppers".
We tend to be our own worst enemies. We're not "herd creatures" on a large scale. We tend to be independant thinkers, strong willed and very self confident. While we may listen to the opinions of others we reserve the right to make the final decisions for ourselves. We are not trusting of unknowns and outsiders. In small groups we can operate well together and become very tight-nit.

Just my observations over my time and experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
MontanaVet said:
I am going to watch the Postman again. The thing that stands out is small communities thriving during bad times. If only we could build a place like that. God willing, I will try. What are your thoughts? Is this crazy? MV out!

Oh, and I need mules. :smile:
:thumbsdown: Count me out. Societies mean majority rule most of the time. That scares me. Just look at the direction this country is headed, socially. Democratic societies (majority rules) are a way for the weak or dimwitted to overpower the strong. I don't consider myself weak now and don't plan to become so in the future. When this country finally tumbles as a result of all this Multiculturalism and political correctness (inability to call a spade a spade, ie. we know what islamic extremists look like we're just not allowed to say it or were racist)I'm hittin the brush. By Myself. I know I can count on me but I'm not sure about anybody else. Weak, unprepared people will always want to take what you have. And if there is enough of them they usually succeed (IRS, taxes in this country).

Bigcheese :animak:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I am a reasonable man. If some of my friends that I trust want to join up, good. I know who I can trust, and I know that I have weak points that can be covered by someone else. I know alot about science and wilderness survival, but not much about making a succsessful defensive camp. Working together would be an excellent advantage.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is my idea. Acquire several thousand acres. Build 4 communities. Each homestead has it own water supply and off grid energy source in case of a power failure. Each homestead has 20 acres that open into shared range land. Each community has some kind of community center, volunteer fire department, and maybe a community livestock area for horses and mules. Ideas for businesses, services, and ways to make a living would be developed. Things like repair shops, hair saloons, and the like.

In case of civil unrest each community supports the other. If one is attacked, two communities respond, and one stays as a reserve. The response would be in a L formation using terrain as an advantage. The situation would determine whether the communities respond with just a show of support or stronger measures.

Each homestead is sold to the homesteader for just $1 and a contract that does not allow it to be sold for 20 years, except in death or unforeseen circumstances. The homestead may be passed down to survivors with the same conditions as the original homesteader. The catch is, during this 20 years, the community has the right to buy the homestead back for $1, plus improvements if the homesteader wants out.

Nobody make rules for the other homesteaders without a majority vote and each homestead family has the right to veto anything pertaining to their personal homestead, unless the safety of the community is jeopardized.

Now, I just need the money to get started. How can I improve on this idea? MV out! :smile:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After thinking about I realize people just don't get along. I think I would just buy a ranch and have some hired hands to shoot the bastards if they bother me. MV out! :twisted:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts