AK Rifles banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts
no offense inteneddeded
None takeneddeded, lol.

Ugly or looks are debatable. Function and usability as per when and how an item was issued should also be considered.

Having spent some time using more modern NV, the earlier generations of NV are big, weird to use, clunky and heavy. They pale in comparison to modern NV. That does not mean they were not functional or good enough for their time.

My goal was to make a good clone of what was used by the DDR during the latter part Cold War. Like all the DDR accessories in the pics the NV unit functions and is usable. For me the coolest part is being able to collect, own and use/shoot the gear of our enemies.

None takeneddeded, lol.

Ugly or looks are debatable. Function and usability as per when and how an item was issued should also be considered.

Having spent some time using more modern NV, the earlier generations of NV are big, weird to use, clunky and heavy. They pale in comparison to modern NV. That does not mean they were not functional or good enough for their time.

My goal was to make a good clone of what was used by the DDR during the latter part Cold War. Like all the DDR accessories in the pics the NV unit functions and is usable. For me the coolest part is being able to collect, own and use/shoot the gear of our enemies.
agreed...........looks are not important, functionality is, just making a hopefully funny comment. i actually think that soviet weaponry if very good looking.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.