AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,540 Posts
I have 3 and I am satisfied with them all. The paint is worn more on some kits than others. It's the best kit deal out there for sure. However, the journals on some of the components vary greatly. I would buy 2 to be sure that you have parts that match your barrel

G

·
Only issue i had with mine was that whoever demilled it was rough driving out the pins on the front sight base and gas block. They were easy fixes, Other than that a decent kit IMO.

· Registered
55 Posts
I got two kits; one with a barrel and one without a barrel. The barrel was galled pretty bad, Apex cut me a deal on that kit because the barrel was on up to expectation. So I bought the second kit without a barrel (they were sold out of barreled kits). The second kit has some nice trench carvings on the butt...so I plan to do BFPU with that one and use all my good parts with my best barrel for clone.

I was very pleased even with the barrel SNAFU, both kits aribic writing (except the trench art) on all the parts, even the sights! :banana:

· Registered
6,131 Posts
No real problems with mine other than the paint on the receiver cover being shit. I ended up stripping it completely and having it refinished along with the barrel which came from a different rifle. The rest of the kit I left in its original finish. Not nearly a BFPU look by any means, just a little wear

· Banned
406 Posts
When you fill out the order online theres a little comment box. I put in the little comment box "please pick a nice on for me" And they did. everything Excellent condition. all parts when on a romy barrel and headspaced NO PROBLEM. :party:

· Registered
3,098 Posts
imo, they are vg. Not as good as the EG kits but still very nice. Mine had only one flaw in that the trunnion was a little nicked during the demil process but I am sure that after refinishing it will look good as new.....

· Registered
946 Posts
Actually I would have asked if they have any with carvings if I would have thought about it. any truth to the rumor these kits came out of Bosnia?

· Registered
985 Posts
I have a buttstock with the letters "ED" on it. I'll trade you for yours if you want one carved.

Overall pic of my kit turned rifle.

· Registered
946 Posts
Kracken, mine will be here this afternoon. Let me see what I get and you may have a deal. BTW that rifle looks beautiful!

· Registered
946 Posts
Kit just pulled up :twirl: Overall I am happy. Matching bolt and carrier, nonmatching everything else. Arabic sightleaf. Well worn top cover, everything else looks near perfect EXCEPT the wood. Holy Crap! It looks like it was on the front lines somewhere. Stock is ok. A few gouges here and there but the handguards are buggered good. Upper has at least 30 - 40 little dents everywhere and the lower has a couple chunks gouged out of it. I can get the upper and stock looking good I think but I think there is little hope for the lower. Kracken, gimme a couple days or so to clean this up and really see what I am looking at. If I end up doing a BFPU a trade with you might be in order.

· Registered
946 Posts
Cleaned up the wood and some of the metal. It's gonna be a BFPU for sure. Paint 60% gone on the metal and the wood is rough to say the least. Not complaining at all mind you, I am perfectly content. I have several "pretty" AKs and have been wanted a been there done that one for a while. If these parts did'nt see some kind of action then they came out of the worlds worst storage facility. Kracken you might as well keep your stock. Mine has 3 gouges in it as least as deep as your carving. These things also have more Cosmo on them then I have ever seen! Overkill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.