AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of the board regulars know, I have photographed allot of AKs over the last 10 years...Some of them have made it into the Grim Reaper books... After sitting on the project for a couple years, I have finally started to move forward on my book series...

"The AK47 catalog" is the title, and the first volume is done. Basically, its a big picture book with minimal text.

Volume 1 is 80 pages of full color photographs, most never before published or posted. It covers:
Soviet AKM/AKMS 1960-77
Polish AKM/AKMS post 1990
Polish AK47 grenade launcher variants
Romanian/Yugoslavian full power sniper rifles.

Anyways, it should be ready to sell in a couple weeks. I am waiting on a sample from the printer. It will be a "print on demand" from Lulu. Price will be $45+ shipping...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesome, well done and thanks for putting in the time and effort with both the pictures and the book.

I look forward to purchasing all of the volumes.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Sweet! A coffee table book for the in crowd!

Will you be offering a Japanese translation version? :goof:

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
That's awesome news, I've been hoping for it since i first saw you mention it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Looking forward to it !! :bd:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Cool! :allright:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Excellent, look forward to it !

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Oh yeah! Will want one also. Hope you print up a bunch of them cause once the word gets out there will be a rush on these. :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I tell you what, with nothing more than a little description text on each page this looks like it could trump Tokoi's book! I certainly know that Stottman's knowledge of AK's is firsthand and would be technically accurate!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Size of the book? 8x10 or what? Old eyes like mine have trouble with 'little' pictures. :grin:

Thanks, :hail:

H45

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Definitely in for one. Please print enough to go around. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts