AK Rifles banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Look very nice.

Stupid question, I'm sure, but is there any difference between these and the RMP3 rails offered on that collectors source page?
The obvious difference is the geometry of the lightening cuts in the dovetail, and I use "obviously" generously here since it's so minute.

But to the serious collector, this is a huge difference, and I'm glad to see someone has done it.

·
Banned
565 Posts
The obvious difference is the geometry of the lightening cuts in the dovetail, and I use "obviously" generously here since it's so minute.

But to the serious collector, this is a huge difference, and I'm glad to see someone has done it.
I'm holding the rail I bought from you right now comparing it to the pics. It looks like the lightening cuts in the pics are slightly more "cigar shaped" on the ends compared to the more rounded ends on the one in my hand. IDK if I would have ever noticed if you hadn't pointed it out, though. I'm pleased with the one I have and will be using it.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Chosen_1 summed it up perfectly, the obvious difference is not that obvious.

To 99% of ppl it will be too expensive, add $100 to the cost of the other rail and tell me how much these tiny differences mean to you?

The rail you have is fine, if you had to ask what the difference is then there is no difference to you. At the end of the day... it’s a scope rail. The one you have is proven to work with many different optics. It was perfected over years of production.

I’m over the top.

I really wish I was the guy saying “what is the difference” because I spend so much time worrying about all the stupid BS vs enjoying building/shooting. It’s a sickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any update on this? Very impressive work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice! If I got on the list for a AK74N rail when would it roughly be available?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is out off until he has time to cut them FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 27 of 27 Posts