AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We qll know the Valmet tube folder stock looks great, but realistically how comfortable is it to shoot?

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't remember saying anything about making Valmet tube folders, much less anything about what they might be designed to fit....maybe stamped AK's, maybe Galils, maybe both, who knows? 'Cause I didn't say we were doing them... :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears that deployed the stock has about a 13" LOP?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It's not bad at all. It has a plastic coating over the metal tube which helps. It's much more comfortable than the Chinese and Yugoslavian underfolders that I shoot and WAY better than the East German style side folders. It's also more comfortable than the folding VZ58 stocks, not that that is saying much!

The stock is shorter than 13".

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Some additional pics...sorry for the poor lighting!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I find no difference in groupings whether shooting the left folding tube stock or wood Valmet. The tube has enough diameter to plant your cheek, and I find it plenty comfy. Though, the right folding Valmet tube is set at a different angle (to clear selector when folded?), which doesn't work as well for me. The righty is thinner, too.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent info guys!

What is the approx diameter of the tube, and approximately how tall is the buttplate?

Also, what is fair market value on a 223 cal m76 tube folder gun with one mag? $1400-$1500 or so ?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
its like a decently comfortable and utilitarian power tool. thick steel stock tube is massive and insulated by a plastic shroud against freezing cold.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Gosh I've never thought the tube folder was uncomfortable. I think they are much more desirable than the wood. I don't know if that's a numbers thing, a cool folding thing, or the " I can fit a cleaning kit and batteries in the tube" thing..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts