AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beleive this to be a bulgarian tok, if you look close there are minor differences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tok

I have a polish deffenetly not .This is the only tok iv'e seen marked this way.Check the magazine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yok

not polish they are circle 11 marked, this is a mistery gun.I'm mainly going by the 21 code,as iv'e seen bulgarian mags marked that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,916 Posts
I can't see the markings on the mag clearly enough to call it, but if it's a 21 or a 25, then yeah, it's probably at least a Bulgarian magazine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yok

I meant to say ak mags marked 21 this mag has a seam & is folded
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
344 Posts
:razz: Nice is an understatement, i love it! :hail: The picture is a little dark, but i do believe it is Bulgarian! The Bulgarian ones had several unusual changes, mainly very sharp corners and lines through out, a peculiar swept back front sight, and a wrap-around and spot welded mag. that is atypical for Warsaw Pact production of the Tokarev.
Any letters on grip around the star? :dance:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tok

No letters on the grip. your'e right about the front site also the alignment mark is on the opposite side of all the tok's, either front or back of rear site
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Nice score! I learn something new every day here. With those scalloped slide serrations, I'd have guessed it was Polish too. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
This thread made me recall a tidbit about COMBLOC pistols I just heard from an NVA vet. He said the NVA used many Bulgarian Makarovs. This guy has a steel trap memory and worked at the depot so I find him totally credible. Kind of interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,447 Posts
Bulgaria starts to build Makarov pistols late 70s or early 80s, there is no way there were some used in Vietnam. Maybe Russian Maks?



SteveM said:
This thread made me recall a tidbit about COMBLOC pistols I just heard from an NVA vet. He said the NVA used many Bulgarian Makarovs. This guy has a steel trap memory and worked at the depot so I find him totally credible. Kind of interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pistol

I don't beleive there were any bulgarian mak's in veitnam but russian for sure .My freind has one with capture papers.I fact a freind had a russian sks at the show this weekend that had papers from the CIA capture in 1966, and the gun was in nice condition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
Ooops, sorry, by NVA I meant National Volks Armee; i.e. East German. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
I like your's Joe, mine is a training pistol. Bulgarian or Romanian made, it was Romanian used.



Here is a picture of slide markings too for reference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pistol

Bob & i went over that gun compared to his romanian & there are a few differences.Bob knows quite a bit about tok's.Like i said the number & marking's are different than most tok's.Iv'e seen romanian's with RSR marked grips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,447 Posts
This is Romanian trainer!



cmutka said:
I like your's Joe, mine is a training pistol. Bulgarian or Romanian made, it was Romanian used.



Here is a picture of slide markings too for reference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pistol

Chumka was just saying he wasn't sure what he had,but looking at the marking's it's deffenetly romanian.It say's training or something to that effect in romanian.I can't seem to get a 100% answer on my gun, like i said i'm going with bulgarian, i guess no one's ever seen a tok like this before, to give an id.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,447 Posts
Re: pistol

I didn't even know that Bulgaria made TTs, and I am Bulgarian.
ALL of the TTs I've seen in Bulgaria, and I have seen hundreds, were ALL Russian.



caliri47 said:
Chumka was just saying he wasn't sure what he had,but looking at the marking's it's deffenetly romanian.It say's training or something to that effect in romanian.I can't seem to get a 100% answer on my gun, like i said i'm going with bulgarian, i guess no one's ever seen a tok like this before, to give an id.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top