AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had dealings with these two companies? I ordered two 80% blanks and some rails and a blueprint from ColdSteel over a month a go and they charged my credit card immediately. I have still not received anything - they have replied to emails saying it says on their web site it takes 3 to 4 weeks to ship, which I have yet to find where it says that.

Also MarshHawk never replies to emails and every time I try to purchase something, all my credit cards will not let the transaction go through.

Anyone have luck with these two - good or bad?

Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
I had a CS blank once .. came with a kit. I never used it and ordered a NDS. I've read a bump of reviews going both ways, so I didn't want to risk anything. Sorry, can't help more than that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, doubt I will deal with them again, and the Marsh Hawk web site is no longer on line... I wanted to use screws instead of rivets, if you know any good sources, let me know...
thanks
Ed

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Is there anything that I can do to talk you out of screws? The reason that I ask is because there are parts of the kit that have to be permanently destroyed to accept screws. The parts were never designed for screws. Building with rivets is just as easy if not easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually sure, you can talk me out of it! Haha, this is my first build and I thought it would be more solid if I used screws...this is my first build so I am open for suggestions from those of you who have gone through different methods.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Actually sure, you can talk me out of it! Haha, this is my first build and I thought it would be more solid if I used screws...this is my first build so I am open for suggestions from those of you who have gone through different methods.
Rivets > Screws

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have built Marshhawk blanks. I like them. But if his site is down, his site is down. I also built with screws. Grade 8. After tapping and cleaning the threads and test fitting, I use original JB weld on the threads. I've fired thousands of rounds through them with no loosening.

Has anyone had dealings with these two companies? I ordered two 80% blanks and some rails and a blueprint from ColdSteel over a month a go and they charged my credit card immediately. I have still not received anything - they have replied to emails saying it says on their web site it takes 3 to 4 weeks to ship, which I have yet to find where it says that.

Also MarshHawk never replies to emails and every time I try to purchase something, all my credit cards will not let the transaction go through.

Anyone have luck with these two - good or bad?

Thanks
Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts