AK Rifles banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally picked up my CNC VZ58 receiver and the quality is outstanding. Nice lines and milling marks are at a minimum. I test fitted some parts from my kit and here is where some troubles showed up.The bolt carrier group is pretty hard to install but I know in time that will wear in so no worries. all the pin holes are perfect diameter. They even included the original method of keeping the trigger pins in place which is awesome. The mag well is way too tight. I can only get one out of 4 of my mags in and even thats a struggle. The bolt hold open is either slightly undersized or possibly a couple thousands too far forward so I had to file the bolt hold open to fit properly. I am overall very impressed with it. My gunsmith says the mag well is no problem, he can open it up easily. Another thing is the hole for the pistol grip bolt will need to be opened up for the grip to fit. All in all not a big deal. everything looks right and is tight and no wobble. Hopefully in a week or two I will have this all together and will go for a test fire. I had to order some small parts that my kit was missing so I have to wait for that. If you want one I'd suggest getting one since the kits are drying up and who knows how many CNC will end up making.

edit: after riding the bolt carrier back and forth and removing it several times it has become mush easier to install and remove. The bolt catch works easily now but I still believe the location is a few thousands too far forward. I test fitted 4 bolt hold open levers and all were rubbing against the retaining pin The magazine release as well may be slightly forward as the mags I can get to fit do not fully lock with out rocking them somewhat. I will file the mag catch to see if that fixes the trouble. the magwell for sure needs to be opened up some to workproperly. I may make a video showing how difficult it is to insert a magazine. Overall I will still say I love this receiver and would buy again without any trouble if I had a second kit. Its a very fine made receiver and the machine work is fantastic. Just some initial teething problems is all like any new product.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts