AK Rifles banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
View attachment 275337
Contour the buttpad to a human. Maybe trim the mount. Something about relying on two screws to keep it from twisting off... QD slingpoint.
Hard to tell from the photo but there is a contour that matches almost every rifle I have.

It would take roughly 1200lbs to shear those two bolts. The receiver will give out long before the two bolts would.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
999 Posts
Was just thinking about have those stocks hold an ak/sks pill bottle cleaning kit. I think that would be cool.

I'm just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Best product idea ever: an exact clone of the Chinese muzzle nut. No one makes them and there are none available on the secondary market. Dude on AKfiles posted a WTB ad and was offering $100 and STILL couldn't find one. Tiny amount of material, minimal design work beyond cloning. Sell them in both 14x1LH and 1/2x28 (for the MAK90s that don't have enough meat to do commie threads). Bare steel so they can be blued. You'd sell as many as you could make. There's literally a million Chinese AKs in the US and most don't have a nut on them right now...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Best product idea ever: an exact clone of the Chinese muzzle nut. No one makes them and there are none available on the secondary market. Dude on AKfiles posted a WTB ad and was offering $100 and STILL couldn't find one. Tiny amount of material, minimal design work beyond cloning. Sell them in both 14x1LH and 1/2x28 (for the MAK90s that don't have enough meat to do commie threads). Bare steel so they can be blued. You'd sell as many as you could make. There's literally a million Chinese AKs in the US and most don't have a nut on them right now...
Can you show me a photo?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not my photo, I don't have one of these, but I would buy multiples if you made them. Other types of muzzle nut can be found, cheap even, but not the chicom / Polytech ones.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
First op done and checked for the saiga12 muzzle brake.

Did a quick garnet blast to make sure it looked like I wanted with the blended fillets.

I'll get op2 going after lunch.

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
It looks great. I think if you need a beta tester, I volunteer.

Reactions: as9d

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
The one I posted is for a saiga12 shotgun. It's about 1.75" in diameter and 2.5" long.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Awesome sauce. Couple more pics for reference below. Definitely need 14x1LH and 1/2x28RH variants, so even MAK90s with milled off threads would have an option that would work for them.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts