68 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Very possible. Want to email it to me?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I used the tor network to let me download it. got it downloading as i type this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I need to find a way to get my hands on some of these are parts some how. I do t have a problem making items....but I need to get dimensions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
We have some small items to start first, I'll be taking some photos as material, tooling, measuring tools etc come in.

I think we are going to start on milled receivers now and get the ball going on an 80% letter from the batf until our 07 FFL is finalized here.

Any interest in milled 80%'s?

·
Registered
163 Posts
We have some small items to start first, I'll be taking some photos as material, tooling, measuring tools etc come in.

I think we are going to start on milled receivers now and get the ball going on an 80% letter from the batf until our 07 FFL is finalized here.

How about Russian barrel trunions for those kits that cam in without thrm

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,367 Posts

As long as there are jigs available to do the FCG and the safety holes. There are currently available for stamped but not sure about milled receivers.

Tortort sells 80% receivers so maybe someone has them.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
I need to find a way to get my hands on some of these are parts some how. I do t have a problem making items....but I need to get dimensions.

You need some parts kits.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
You need some parts kits.
I do. Show me where to go.

Also I'll be making jigs for the 80%

Spoke with the batf agent today regarding the 80% and he is supposed to send over some sample guidelines and features that need to be removed. Should be an easy process to get that letter stating it's not a firearm.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Well Gunbroker or folks here are going to be your best source for parts kits. If you can find one from each of the major countries that would be a fantastic start.

Another source for CHF chrome lined barrels would be awesome also.

Rguns has a website and also sells on Gunbroker. They have a few Russian parts kits for AKM which is the common stamped AK.

Apex has some kits but most of those have been torch cut.

What a Country and Arms of America are other sites to check for parts kits.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well Gunbroker or folks here are going to be your best source for parts kits. If you can find one from each of the major countries that would be a fantastic start.

Another source for CHF chrome lined barrels would be awesome also.

Rguns has a website and also sells on Gunbroker. They have a few Russian parts kits for AKM which is the common stamped AK.

Apex has some kits but most of those have been torch cut.

What a Country and Arms of America are other sites to check for parts kits.
Most of these places want stupid prices for these parts... $200 for a front trunion...nuts... It looks like I'll just be on the hunt for the whole rifles instead.

I'm going to start on some muzzle brakes for the saiga 12 this week. Looks like I have some 4130 steel in inventory.

Right now I have the two designs in cad, I'll put both in production. Who wants one?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Another source for AK info, mostly in photographs is Rob Stott's Series AK47 catalog volumes 1-10.

Its really a collectors reference but it may be valuable for identifying variations and minute differences, country to country.

Its available in hard copy or pdf form.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts