AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally browse the semi-auto section of gb to view all the norinco/polytech rifles, mainly to observe the import markings, serial numbers, features, etc. This morning I found a clayco sports red bakelite side-folder for auction and was pleasantly surprised. Is this legit? Has anyone else seen one before? I was unaware of the existence of such a rifle. And my other question is: are there any fixed-stock red bakelite rifles imported by clayco? The auction number is 353181041, sorry I wasn't able to paste a link to it as I am still trying to figure out this tablet. Also wanted to let all of the forum members know about it. Hopefully someone else here is as excited about it as me, and has the $$ to get it. If not at least take a look at it, it's pretty neat.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
It a bad fake hump job. The button head fasteners on the rear trunnion for the folder is crap.

Pretty sad as the original rifle was worth more than what they turned this into. To my knowledge, Clayco only sold fixed and under-folders with black furniture.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Agree that is a pretty bad fake, and a shame that a once valuable rifle is now nothing more than an interesting shooter.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
gregsthe1 said:
That makes sense, I didn't look at the pictures as closely as I should have. I agree that it is a damn shame. Did some more searching and found a "gunauction.com" listing from Jan. 3 for a fixed-stock red bakelite clayco import (http://www.gunauction.com/search/displa ... m=11647021). Is this a Frankenstein also? Guess I just want to believe :)

1980's Chinese rifles are not my area of expertise. Most if not all came in black with some being today called "green" but this is more due to the black aging and a translucence green color from the resin coming out.

I will say there has been a few elaborate fakes the last couple of years concerning Clayco's, so I would tread lightly.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Some poor sucker bid it up to $1500. Hopefully they don't meet the $1995 reserve. I imagine they would be very disappointed when they see the screws.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
We'll never know why bubba does what he does. :neutral:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts