AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bid on a suppressed 10/22 and got it. Its a 18" brl. now. When I fill out the form 4 do you have to put over all inches? Could I cut the brl and outer tube off around 8 to 10 inches reweld the end cap so I could put it all in a charger pistol stock? Where the manufacture info is this will not be a problem. I think you can make the shorter just not longer correct?

Got a smoking deal I should be right @ 600.00 to 650.00 dollars tax and all.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
so what exactly did you buy? a integrally suppressed 10/22?

If so, you're only concerned with the length of the barrel I would think since that is the only thing your actually transferring on the form 4.

the rest of the rifle is just transferred on a 4473 as you normally would.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked @ Awc paper work it listed barrel length as 16". Im betting this will also have length if so Im stuck there from what I was told .

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
your main problem will be the suppressor isn't built into the entire barrel length. There is likely 8" of barrel and 8" of suppressor, so not a lot of room to work with to shorten it up, and still have much suppression left.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
your main problem will be the suppressor isn't built into the entire barrel length. There is likely 8" of barrel and 8" of suppressor, so not a lot of room to work with to shorten it up, and still have much suppression left.
At the rate of speed this is going some time next July Ill get to take it home and play with it. I have a buddy that has machined and installed a 10/22 carbon fiber brl. on the ruger lever 22. I may do that . It would have zero bolt noise. That's all you can hear on my other one.

like this one. I think all you have to do is mill out one more extractor cut.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=379257497

1 - 6 of 6 Posts