AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the AK. I just bought a Bulgarian AK74 5.45x39 and need to buy more mags. I dont like just having the cheap one it came with. I am seeing that the Circle 10 mags are the way to go and are going for $30/$40 and up per mag. I am also seeing Circle 21 mags for a a few bucks less. They are both Bulgarian made correct? What is the difference between the two? Or is there any difference? Are the Circle 21 mags just as good as the Circle 10s?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just different factories in Bulgaria. People collect the different colors and arsenals. If all your looking for is shooting mags - no difference. Unless one type is in better condition?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I have heard that cold weather can affect the metal mags but not these. Does anyone know if weather affects either the circle 10 or 21?

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Are you talking about the difference between the circle 21 waffle mags and the regular poly military surplus circle 10 mags?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not waffle. I talking about the Black Circle 10 and Black Circle 21 (not waffle). They look the same to me just a different number on them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So basically the C 10 and C 21 are just made at a different location in Bulgaria, same design, same material, function the same, same results, and same reliability.......basically the exact same just a different number on them. Is that about right?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Ok, thanks. I have heard that cold weather can affect the metal mags but not these. Does anyone know if weather affects either the circle 10 or 21?
I'm inclined to believe that weather actually cold enough to affect metal mags would probably DESTROY polymer mags, and probably the user.

Reactions: TRAAK's

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
So basically the C 10 and C 21 are just made at a different location in Bulgaria, same design, same material, function the same, same results, and same reliability.......basically the exact same just a different number on them. Is that about right?
Yep. No difference at all except the mold number.

Some people prefer the circle 10 as it matches the same circle 10 on the front trunnion and bayonet.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
21's will fit tighter than 10's in some of my rifles...I use both and never had a failure....:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts