AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SBR'ing my Inrange Krink......Lets see how long it takes. The only thing I did that worries me is that I printed my 2x2 picture on the Form 1's using my inkjet printer. I hope they accept it. :neutral:

03-01-06>>>I completed all paperwork
03-06-06>>>I mailed my From 1's to local Sheriff
03-08-06>>>Signed Form 1's received back with "good luck" note
03-10-06>>>Form 1 sent to BATFE.
03-25-06>>>USPS Signature return receipt received back
03-28-06>>>Check cashed by BATFE
05-01-06>>>Form 1 approved
05-05-06>>>Form 1 received
05-06-06>>>Engraved and can removed

40 Business days total from time sent until time received.....awesome

The above photo is of my 17 year old son putting some rounds down range. I am training him up to know how to use one for when he takes the krinks off of UBL's and al-Zarqawi's dead body. Future 19D in the making.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
When I did my SBR for a AKS-74U a couple years back, it took them 5 months for the approved form to come back, and all my paperwork was correct.

A friend of mine sent his in before Thanksgiving last year, and got the approval back in 3 months, and his forms was sent back twice for correction. Once because he didn't print his name on the compliance form as the one verifying his citiizenship. And then again becuase he put the gunsmith's name as the maker of the firearm on the back of the form 1 instead of his name. and this was during the holiday season to boot.

so it looks like they may have gotten their act together at the NFA branch since they moved to Va. or is one lucky guy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would like to SBR a custom mak-90, do I have to have the work done by a gunsmith or can I do it myself?

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
You can do it yourself. You can use a gunsmith, but he has to have a SOT licenced in order to build it. All the well known manufaturers like INVESTMENT GRADE FIREARMS, INRANGE, and a few others have those licences. You can send it off to them along with a copy of the approved form 1, and they can send that assembled SBR back to you.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm about to do the same with an InRange Krink. I'll be doing it through an LLC though. I didn't realize I could do the work myself. Too cool, the way InRange attached the fake can it should be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTT/ FORM 1 RECIEVED

Well, The time has come to cut off this fake silencer and have my AKSU-74 looking like it's supposed too. Will post pics once complete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts