AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Christmas came early in this household. The Silencerco Sparrow SS sounds a whole lot better than the plugged up AAC Pilot with over 25K rnds through it (it's a sealed can and cannot be cleaned, whereas the Sparrow is the easiest to clean on the market. I haven't shot anything through the TiRant 45 yet. I need to pick up a M16x1LH piston and a factory threaded barrel for my HK45C. Can't wait to do some more shooting!!!

CMS

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's made by SilencerCo....much much nicer than HTA's products! It's even rated for 5.7x28 out of an FN FiveSeven...along with all the rimfires and full auto .22LR. I don't know how I went without a serviceable .22LR suppressor for this long. I ran 300 rnds through it this afternoon and was amazed at the amount of crap inside the can. Unlike most .22LR suppressors, the Sparrow will actually come apart still after a couple thousand rounds between cleanings.

22 Silencer | The 22 Sparrow Gun Suppressor from Silencerco

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The SilencerCo Octane and Osprey, and the AAC TiRant are the 3 top performing centerfire pistol cans on the market right now. If the Octane was available when I bought my TiRant I probably would have gone that direction.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just saw that you have the Tirant 45. I wouldn't mind hearing your personal thoughts on it once you get the threaded barrel for your HK45C.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. The TiRant is supposed to suppress almost as well as the Octane...within a few Db. Not enough to tell with the human ear. I will post up a review once I get a chance but when shot dry, the 3 cans I listed are the only ones I know of that are hearing safe by OHSA standards for impulse noise.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
That's awesome! Congrats Chris!! I want either the Sparrow or the Spectre...I can't make up my mind. My plan is to get one next summer.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
I wish I was in the market for a can today. Back in the day when I purchased all my cans there wasn't much choice. Today you can get amazing cans for cheap!

As my Economy professor said - "Everyday I wish I could be born tomorrow".

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice. When the paperwork for my Sparrow came back, it was the day before my birthday. So, it was only proper that on my birthday I came down with something and drove to Phoenix to pick it up.

I'll probably start the process for another once the current regulation shenanigans get sorted out.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's awesome! Congrats Chris!! I want either the Sparrow or the Spectre...I can't make up my mind. My plan is to get one next summer.

It's a wash. The Spectre II is a bit quieter and has less FRP, but isn't quite as simple to clean. The Sparrow is still pretty damn quiet and it is super easy to clean. Just because of the nature of .22LR ammo I'd go with the Sparrow SS. Not to mention it's rated up to 5.7 so is pretty darn strong.

CMS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts