AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fortunate to have acquired two Arsenal (Bulgarian) SA93 rifles within the last three months. In my opinion they are among the best-made AK variants ever available in the US. Here's my question. Aside from gun-specific matters (wear, general condition, etc.), is there a difference (i.e., is one considered better than the other) between the Sentinel Arms (Detroit, MI) import and the D.I.G (Virginia Beach, VA) import?

For what it's worth, the Sentinel serial # is AB 34 32XX and the DIG s/n is BA 35 33YY ("XX" and "YY" being dummy numbers). Both have or will be re-milled in compliance with 922(r).

A nit-picky question, I know, but I figure there may be some experts out there with knowledge or views on this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
lopojo said:
probably the same quality just different importers.

That's what I think. I'd be happy with either one.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Pull the butts and check to see if either socket is cut for the lower stock tang.

Some were, some weren't. Mine wasn't (D.I.G.) so I had to cut it myself.

Not too hard with a file and a Dremel, but I would consider a factory cut more desireable.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Richard W. said:
Pull the butts and check to see if either socket is cut for the lower stock tang.

Some were, some weren't. Mine wasn't (D.I.G.) so I had to cut it myself.

Not too hard with a file and a Dremel, but I would consider a factory cut more desireable.
I've heard that some of the SLR-95's were milled out for lower tang install, but have never heard of a SA-93 being factory milled out.....

·
Banned
950 Posts
I'd send them off and have them done right for the lower tang. I had one that was ruined by some bubba fide welding and rivet install that went tits up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts