AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get the Chinese slings that have the spring-type attachment point instead of the leather tabs?

·
Registered
488 Posts
The only difference is the spring in place of the leather "tab"...

I would think, since the spring is quite light, that the hardware stores ought to maybe have something that works -they (the factory ones) are shiney, just like the hardware store's.

LG :neutral: (I may have one or two around -let me know if you want them, Blender)

·
Banned
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lollygagger said:
The only difference is the spring in place of the leather "tab"...

I would think, since the spring is quite light, that the hardware stores ought to maybe have something that works -they (the factory ones) are shiney, just like the hardware store's.

LG :neutral: (I may have one or two around -let me know if you want them, Blender)
Well, I'll take what I can get, but I am trying to feed a family of eight Chinese. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and there is a thread on sksboards about these slings, but, for some reason, I cannot access the page :roll:

That, and no one will put me in contact with 1952sniper. I'd be willing to make a public apology, or something if he'd let me back on. That was 2 years ago...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Guys, Centerfire system has these listed, as a matter of fact I just placed an order for 10. There's no mention of condition, so no telling what I will receive, but I will post on condition when they arrive.

Link: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/akskss ... pring.aspx

Blender, I don't know what your situation with 1952sniper is, but I will say that he was one of the major contributing factors in my leaving that board around 2005. Shortly after, Survivor quit running the board, and I think it has really gone downhill.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well, the slings finally arrived. They are brand new, but they aren't like the ones that I already had. These are made of a much thinner material, and the hardware is completely different. I have a sneaking suspicion that these were made strictly for export sales, and are not the real deal.

·
Super Moderator
12,276 Posts
COPE said:
Well, the slings finally arrived. They are brand new, but they aren't like the ones that I already had. These are made of a much thinner material, and the hardware is completely different. I have a sneaking suspicion that these were made strictly for export sales, and are not the real deal.
yep, not like the originals at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts