AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey fellas. I am not familiar with Chinese AKs or slings. Does anyone know what this sling is for? It has the flat clip like the Yugo slings. Thanks! Also, value?

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I have never seen anything like that on a Chinese AK.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas. I got this sling in an assortment from Copes advertised as "unknown slings." We thought they were all Yugo slings. I ordered 6 and got 4 Yugo slings and 2 others...

The sling on the far left - I have no clue. The last 4 are definitely Yugo slings. The Chinese marked one has 7.62 in the stamp. I compared the Yugo sling metal to the Chinese marked one's metal and they are different shapes and length. Do all Chinese AKs have the wide slot at the front for sling attachment?

·
Banned
329 Posts
"7.62 Assault Gun Sling," or "7.62 Submachine Gun Sling")
Chinese used the word to call submachine guns like PPF41, Thompson, and newer generation of selective-fire assault rifles like AK. In any case, this sling is for Chinese AK. I have a similar one made in different year I believe

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any idea on value? Or is that too hard to judge? I'm looking to get rid of it. I have no use for it.

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Here's an interesting photo - the sling on military Type 56's can apparently take the form of a hook and I may have found an outfit in China that has them:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
rayman1 said:
Here's an interesting photo - the sling on military Type 56's can apparently take the form of
Yes, some of the early Chinese imports had them, most specifically, but not limited to the GSAD guns. Go to my website, 4th gun down http://www.chicom47.net/Importers/ImportCompanies.htm You ocasionally see these come up for sale, about the cheapest I have seen one is $35

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Excellent - I knew I saw that somewhere. The gentleman I'm talking to about them has two types - the ones with the single hooks as in the photo and ones with hooks at both ends which he says is for the squad weapon.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
A few folks on here say that the one on the far left is an East German RPG sling.

I have one of those too, too bad no RPG. :lol:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
rayman1 said:
Excellent - I knew I saw that somewhere. The gentleman I'm talking to about them has two types - the ones with the single hooks as in the photo and ones with hooks at both ends which he says is for the squad weapon.
My Poly red sidefolder came with a plastic coated hook in front and leather tab in the rear sling. I bought it NIB in 1989.

CAB

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Can't say for sure, but it may be for the chinese M-14 copies that came in. Again I can't say for sure ....but the metal hook looks like M14 hardware.

·
Banned
329 Posts
Hi, this picture looked like North Korean women to me. The characters are Chinese so it was downloaded from a Chinese site, but the uniform looked North Korean. Can you post the website? Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts