AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a B-West receiver. Very clean, red grips with red side folder. Price asked is $699

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Early import with bayonet lug intact is easily worth $699. Pictures?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry no pics...gun store gun. It does have a flash hider that you'd normally see on the 5.56 Norincos. Like a birdcage

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Sorry no pics...gun store gun. It does have a flash hider that you'd normally see on the 5.56 Norincos. Like a birdcage
If the rifle is clean and straight I would grab it. I would really prefer the bayo lug be intact and not ground down. $699 doesn't get much any more. Could be a money maker.
The collectors problem with B-West is negative discussion through the years when they had issues with hardening domestic receivers. Up to that point they were all
Norinco imports w/o any issues. I've bought and sold several and you just have to deal with the armchair experts when you go to sell. I am sure of several in collectors
hands that are members here and maybe they will offer their advice.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
This is a domestic receiver. Says BWEST (address) MADE IN USA
The hardness issue they had lasted only a short while but the damage was done to their rep. If it appears that Made in China and Norinco were ground off and restamped over, your alright.
There was a lot of unusual practices in play to market incoming and in stock rifles with the ban looming on the horizon. Probably enough said there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts