AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a pistol in a pawn shop today on one side of the slide it said tt-olympia pistole and on the bottom of the frame below the barrel it said china. it was .22 cal. and had 2 mags , the guy priced to for 228.00 out the door. anone know anything about these. was it worth what wants. also it was missing the front sight but still had the screw to hold it. how hard would it be to find another sight. thanks for any help

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like the Norinco copy of the classic Walther Olympia target pistol. I know these were made in some quantity and of course imported and sold here throughout the early nineties. I have seen them and in terms of quality they are a far cry from the pistol they mimic, but I have never fired one myself so I can't comment on function. I think the front sight could be a real problem if the missing part is anything more complex than a dovetail or a straight slot that fits onto the barrel. A gunsmith could make a front sight but the cost could carry your total investment into a considerably higher amount of money. As far as price I seem to remember these as being advertised at about the same amount 12-14 years ago, and I don't think they hold much attention with collectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts