AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no samples or kits in the US, to my knowledge.

However, it could be possible to build a "pseudo" replica of this rifle....Some features would not be available, but the overall look could be achieved.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Handy little bugger.

It's interesting that they went to the standard AKM rivet pattern.

I wonder if the receiver is the standard 1mm thickness or if they are using 1.5/1.6mmm thick receivers.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'm no Krink or Chinese expert but does the front of the reciever slant up like a Galil? Or is it just the mag not inserted fully?

Reactions: otus

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I believe it has a tapered reciever,I think I want one!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
JOHNO said:
I believe it has a tapered reciever,I think I want one!
I know I want one!

It is definately tapered. I was looking at JP's(don't know his new handle yet)site and the other stamped Chinese don't seem to have it. Although the Norico side folder might, hard to tell from the pics

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
"L" and "D" indicate that it is an export model, it has to go somewhere!

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
OldTroop said:
Where can I buy or steal one.....thats a BMF.

I don't know Old Troop, how's your Mandarin or Hunan? :twisted:

Maybe you could sweet talk one out of someone's hands over there.

Good to see you over here btw! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Late Post

Late post...thanks Templar for the welcome...looks like its gonna be darkside heaven :twisted:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Templar said:
Handy little bugger.

It's interesting that they went to the standard AKM rivet pattern.

I wonder if the receiver is the standard 1mm thickness or if they are using 1.5/1.6mmm thick receivers.
I thought it was interesting they went to the euro pattern on the front trunnion also, but check out the trigger guard. Only two rivets near the magazine well versus the standard 4 rivets. Odd.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Awesome little rifle but I prefer the earlier Chicom shorties. Highly interesting though with it's unique features. The pistol grip looks horrible but I'm sure it feels just fine while rockin'. Love what they did with the front end, thanks for the pics! :cool:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Wonder why the Chinese make them? They switched to a hybrid AK/SKS system for military weapons long ago, like 30-40 years, basically an SKS with AK style rotating bolt. This way you get the accuracy due to less movement of the gas system, but the cheapness of being able to make a stamped reciever. I've seen many variants, but this is AK through and through. Is it an old gun?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts