AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this kit I think it’s a European deact, barrel is not saveable.
what can you tell me about it?

it’s an underfolder. Would it of been possible for some like this to have a spiker on it also?
Wood Cylinder Gun accessory Machine Metal

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
You may need to look through pictures to confirm the plant made spikers. If it was mine I would keep it a underfolder. My biggest question would be what kind of top cover was used ? Flared or non flared and what kind of safety was used. Nice kit!

·
Registered
313 Posts
wow, thats a strange bird alright. very interesting, thanks OP for posting it!!
what are the chances its simply a prior defarb and then at some point forced numbers matched.
hard to say on the spiker, certainly missing several key indicators that it ever was though...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I just realized the trunnion arsenal code 56-1 is a underfolder the "1" specifically indicates underfolder

A spiker model from the same factory will
Have a trunnion marked as 56 only

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Like gregsthe1 said it stands for TransArms. They are the top military equipment exporter and importer in Europe-basically the equivalent of Century here. Most of what comes here has also gone through them at some point.

When I lived in Germany they had some really cool stuff a available all the time.

Transarms.de

Reactions: 43m1garand

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool thanks, gas tube is unnumbered, the upper handguard is a red plastic.
a 56 on the trunion would specify the fixed stock right? was there a trunion marking that specified double underfolder?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys I am new to all the ak stuff. Have two now and would like a few more.

What do you guys do with these kits? I understand they are cut in half? Can you still get them to work? I don't understand.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts