AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, thought this is a relevent question given current..um...ammo shortgaes...BUT:

I heard some where the Chinese aren't allowed to import AK ammo. Any particular reason why (if true). I mean, hell, they import everything else (like crawfish of all things :evil: ).

Its not like they'd be putting American companies out of business...their main competitor would be Wolf (Russian firm) I bet.

We let Mexican, European and Russian ammo in - why are we squeamish about the Chinese importing ammo? Must be some stupid trade law, but somehow I figure writing my Congressman won't make much headway :mrgreen:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
In 1994, we concluded a trade agreement with China that precludes them from shipping military weapons or any ammunition to us.

It's a trade thing.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Templar said:
In 1994, we concluded a trade agreement with China that precludes them from shipping military weapons or any ammunition to us.

It's a trade thing.
This is part of the developing method of our government having what is effectively gun control measures WITHOUT having to resort to the trouble of passing laws with the representative consent of the population...

They just make up trade "agreements" and customs "regulations".

Nice, huh?

Lollygagger :mad: (we might do well to remmeber that GW's daddy was one to popularize alot of this)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm

Thats kinda funny...why ban import of militiary arms/ammo into this country. Are we afraid of competition? Heck, we let other countries ship guns and ammo here. Just seems like the Chineses would be a good cheap sully of AK ammo :twisted:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
I can't tell you how many thousands and thousands of Chinese 7.62x39mm I have put downrange since 1987. It's decent stuff.

Just non importable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I always kind of wondered if it was an attempt to throw some US $$ at the fallen Comm Block nations instead of direct donations of our tax dollars. And to get the Comm block started on the road to capitolism and democracy.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Clinton banned the importation of Chinese weapons and ammunition. Maybe someone offered him something under the desk, I mean table, to do it.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
The Chinese imported several AKs with select fire recievers on two seperate occasions,the banning of Chinese munitions soon followed.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I saw some on another board last week. IIRC four 1100 round crates sold for $160 each in minutes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
ACMcom said:
I saw some on another board last week. IIRC four 1100 round crates sold for $160 each in minutes.
the reason I ask is I have a 150 rounds that I might sell but dont want to get screwed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts