AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lil while back i found a couple boxes of chinese x25 ammo at a local gun store. i picked up 2 different types, one box of norinco non-corrosive and two boxes of what looks like chinese 1984 milsurp.

the Norinco is marked 947 and the mystery ammo is marked 911. ive been operating under the assumption the the stuff marked 911 is corrosive.

does any one know the story on the ammo marked 911? is it corrosive?

·
Banned
329 Posts
I believe 911 and 947 are factory codes. Milsurp were corrosive no matter where they were made. Norinco must have contract a facory to produce export-only non-corrosives

·
Banned
329 Posts
I believe 911 and 947 are factory codes. Milsurp were corrosive no matter where they were made. Norinco must have contract a facory to produce export-only non-corrosives

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
If the "non corrosive" stuff you have came in a yellow box, it is corrosive.

My rule of thumb is to treat all military surplus ammo as corrosive even if it says it is not.

Berdan primed cartridges are usually corrosive, moreso if it's military.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CGSteve said:
If the "non corrosive" stuff you have came in a yellow box, it is corrosive.

My rule of thumb is to treat all military surplus ammo as corrosive even if it says it is not.

Berdan primed cartridges are usually corrosive, moreso if it's military.
i do the same when it comes to milsurp ammo.

also it is the yellow box norinco. but if its corrosive it coulda fooled me, i use it to clean out the barrel after shooting a bunch of Czech and Russian milsurp threw my pistol. the stuff works great, ive left it for a week after shooting 300 rnds of Czech then 8 rounds of norinco non-corrosive and had no corrosion issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts