AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local shop has some, $25 for 50 out the door. A bit high but I guess its a sign of the times. It is marked non corrosive, in white boxes, and looks clean.

Worth picking up to try?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey Q! Is it the copper plated stuff? I picked up a few hundred rounds of that a long time ago. Nice stuff, shoots good and I perceived the recoil was high enough to tell me it was hotter than standard .308, like most other military stuff. Not scientific, granted, but it "felt" like any other surplus .308.

Can't recall exactly how bad, but it wasn't the cleanest shooting I've ever tried. After about 60-80 rounds my G3 was pretty dirty.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hcpookie said:
Hey Q! Is it the copper plated stuff? I picked up a few hundred rounds of that a long time ago. Nice stuff, shoots good and I perceived the recoil was high enough to tell me it was hotter than standard .308, like most other military stuff. Not scientific, granted, but it "felt" like any other surplus .308.

Can't recall exactly how bad, but it wasn't the cleanest shooting I've ever tried. After about 60-80 rounds my G3 was pretty dirty.

Yep, copper washed steel case.

Oh man... its going in a CETME... I suppose the aftermath will tons of fun. But it seems like a decent price. Is it decently accurate? This stuff is dated 94 I think.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TaosBob101 said:
Hot and corrosive. But I'd fight w/ it. :wink:

This is the later (1994) non corrosive stuff.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The copperwash .308 is pretty good stuff. I still have a good bit of it that came in black and white chinasports boxes. It makes for one hell of a fireball out of the 1919. I think that .50 a round is too high though. I still see it at shows for around .30 per.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I haven't seen any for $.30/round.

I would think...$.40-$.50/round.

I still have a couple of cases.

I liked it. Good plinking ammo.

I would treat all Chinese .308 as corrosive...just to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts