AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the distinguishing charcteristics of the earley Sino-Soviets and the ribbed transitionals?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Both mags have black phosphate finished bodies. Follower, floorplate, and keeper (chinese pattern) are blued. The follower in both mags is the Chinese stepped pattern.

The Sino-Soviet mag's body looks just like an early Russian Ribbed mag in that the rear rib goes under the lip plates. The telling thing is the "66" in triangle stamped on the bottom rear of the mag and Chinese follower.

The Chinese Transitional mag is very unique. It looks somewhat like the Sino-Soviet mag, but lacks the 3 small ribs that wrap around the rear. The remaining two horizontal ribs are longer than those on a Yugo in that they go from the front of the mag to the rear (like a Spineless - compare a Chinese Spineless horizontal ribs to those on a Yugo - same thing). None that I have seen carried factory markings. I can spot one of these from a mile away even without the markings.

If either of you need them - I have a spare of each I am willing to trade for Chinese 20 rnds or other unusual mags.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts