AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
84s-1.
Obtained a chicom factory bayo to complete the package, to bad the serial don't match.
The unit will not latch onto the lug. It slides on fine but will not go on far enough to latch. Wondering if I should mod the hook in the bayo or the bayo lug. Or if there's something I haven't noticed or thought of. No, I'll never use the bayo (heaven forbid!) but I'd like it to snap on like it should. Ideas?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Id like to see some pics
not picturing what you are explaining

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its impossible to photograph, you can't see the latch when the bayo is installed. Put one on one of your own rifles. As the bayo slips back onto the lug the latch in the bayo handle snaps closed and retains the unit on the rifle. Mine will not latch. Its as if the slot in the bayo is to shallow or the lug is to long.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I no longer have that style Chinese bayonet here. Can you use another east block bayonet. Or try the Chinese on a east block gun. I know the Chinese barrels are larger. Maybe you could take the brake off and see if it hooks up.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I would agree that your you should try it on another rifle and another bayonet on yours.

Has it been debanned? If so it could have been done out of spec. I know you said it was an 84S but it could've been a "caught in customs rifle".

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you are talking about the type 1 bayo. then try this. If you will hold the rifle in the air with the bayo on the rifle, look up where the the end of the barrel and bayo do not fit. You will probably need a flashlight to see in that little area. If you have the same problem that I did you will notice that the bayo needs a little clockwise turn while you apply pressure downward. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that, I'll try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts