AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a chance a picking up a XS-B3-1 such as this one
AK-47 TYPE .177 PELLET RIFLE WITH FOLDING STOCK in springfield, Missouri gun classifieds -gunlistings.org
in well used condition.

The owner who is trying to start a gun shop locally ( me thinks he wouldnt sell a lemon since hes starting this venture at a new gun store) wants more $ than Im willing to shell out for it. He also says I can test fire it which soothes any anxieties as to reliability.
Shall I talk him down?!? I dont know what these should go for so I am seeking you guys' advice.

I personally think it isnt worth the asking price for condition. Not that its rough, just well handled.

What you all say?
What is a going price for these?!?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey! I used to train with one of those. FWIW, I think they were like $39 quite a few years ago, so don't know how bad a deal $55 is. I DO know that someone on this board in years past used the folding stock on a "real" AK build, and it looked pretty sweet. Those are good trainer guns, imo.

·
Registered
133 Posts
265035_2078616579475_318987_n.jpg

I dug through all my files and found a real, honest-to-goodness, "used in combat" Chinese pellet rifle of the same sort you posted about. I bought it in 2010 at an illegal arms bazaar we were checking out. It was deadly on rats and feral cats that would come to kill our kittens that we'd vaccinated and kept near our apartment in Afghanistan. It also was handy for maintaining proficiency and training marginal shooters. Do yourself a favor, though, give it a thorough deburring with a mill file, as I gave some blood to that little b*tch more than once.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
I had two of them and sold one about two years ago for $125 ., but it was new in box. They were sold originally by Navy Arms and other retailers and Compaseco had some maybe 12 years ago. I do not think they have been imported for a long time.
The early models were the light Amber colored wood stocks and the later were a brownish paint finish and had a scope dovetail in the receiver and a supplied scope.
They are moderate power at 600-700fps or so,. They are interesting and neat pellet rifles., sometimes scavenged to remove the rear sidefolder which resembles the Chinese AK type but not a direct copy.
They also produced an underfolder model which I have., but not really AK like.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There was one on GB 4 months ago NIB that sold for $175. I was willing to go that much but got stuck working late the day the auction ended and couldn't bid or it would of been mine. The gun is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. To me as a pellet rifle it is not worth anything I wanted it because it is a AK trained and a cool item to add to my AK collection.

If you decide not to buy it PM me I would be intersted.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Im not into pellet guns but for $55 why not? I've spent more on a 6 pack of beer so $55 for a pellet gun doesnt sound like much

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
It is not $55., if you read the OP he linked a sales thread for ID of what he is looking to buy. Price offered is higher than $55 and a well used item he notes. He does not state price.

To the OP., likely worth $100-$110 +/- as a AK curio of sorts. IMHO.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Don't really want to beat a dead horse, but these pellet rifles were not intended to be an "AK trainer."

It was meant to be an approximation of the Type 81.

(Real Type 81)

(Pellet gun)

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Sounds right.., but if used for training they simulated the standard AK as well as the type 81., since the AK is still commonly used in China today. Or at least a saw a number of them on the Tibet/China border guards and guard posts and in a few village areas in 2009.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gentleman is wanting $150 for it.
To my eye it does not seem to be worth that amount. I am going to try and haggle him down to what I am willing to pay for it as I have been considering picking up a pellet rifle to practice out back in the yard with.
If I decide not to buy it I will pm Schultze with pics of it 1st and if he isnt interested then Il post info for others.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't really want to beat a dead horse, but these pellet rifles were not intended to be an "AK trainer."

It was meant to be an approximation of the Type 81.

(Real Type 81)
I did not know that. Learn something every day!

Drew

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
The gentleman is wanting $150 for it.
To my eye it does not seem to be worth that amount. I am going to try and haggle him down to what I am willing to pay for it as I have been considering picking up a pellet rifle to practice out back in the yard with.
If I decide not to buy it I will pm Schultze with pics of it 1st and if he isnt interested then Il post info for others.
That is pretty far over priced IMHO. There are far superior pellet rifles for $150 at 1000 fps for plinking etc., with scopes and all. Sportsmans Guide, Pyramid Air etc.

A couple more chines pics/types have>

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/24-chinese/167278-pelet-gun-gun-show-rescue.html#post1540386

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let us know how much you get it for, if you end up with it.

Thanks y'all and will do Magnet. I should be seeing/talking with him again tomorrow.
Magnet, it is very similar to the top one on your pic.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Never heard about these before. For the right price I'd love to have one.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Every time you talk to him,[guy who owns gun shop we all know him locally],he changes his story.He gave me a line of different crap when I was there the other day looking at it.
This is the same guy that thinks $140.00 is too much too spend on a tin of russ 5.45x39 1008 tins.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts