AK Rifles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally do not post here in general discussion but wanted to alert members to the bullshit K-Var is trying to pull. While I try my best to buy elsewhere when needed, K-Var sometimes is the only place to get certain things. Like others I have to order from them.

What is chapping my ass is that "Bob" from K-Var is trying to do damage control and deny responsibilty for the clear 5.56 mags they sold last year. He is discounting bluejack and by now myself saying they are fakes we bought and not from him. This is total bullshit. I will post applicabile links but do not know how long they will last over there.

Some here know I moderate over on gunsnet.net and it is not always popular from being over their, but anybody who has dealt with me knows I tell it like it is and pull no bullshit. Not here to troll with this thread as I have had many good transactions with K-Var, but wanted others to know the glaring bullshit they are trying to pull buy discrediting the situation.

Hootbro

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2524848#post2524848

http://k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=3168&st=0#entry19075

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
That's some F uped shitz going on. Good luck and keep us posted.

G

·
I had trouble with K-VAR sending me damaged items once and was given the run-around. Items were still in sealed package but the problem was mags were put in the box with no packing material and scratched and gouged up a stockset. Good old Bob lied and said they always seperately wrap everything and that they film all packing of boxes. Had to contest the problem with credit card company. They finally sent me a replacement but the return shipping came out of my pocket for their screwup.

They will pump out the bullshit when they are wrong. I only buy from them if I have no other source.

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
I posted this on the K-var forum-

"When I visited the Heckler and Koch factory on a tour, they explained that they cannot make 100% clear magazines because the clear plastic is too brittle and prone to breaking... Thats why they mix with black plastic to create translucent mags...

Common sense would say that the same applies here.. "

I would post it at Gunsnet but they tried to extort me.....

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
I've got nothing but great service from KVAR.

Guess I will keep reading and see how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Krinkfreak said:

Same here,but thanks for the info Hoot.I'm interested in seeing how this turns out Myself.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If nothing else it will be interesting to see what the "official" explanation is for the change in mag styles from those you ordered a year ago to what is currently being offered.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hmm.....

I've ordered a half-dozen of the 5.56 trans-lucy mags from them, supposed to arrive actually today.

Have bought 7.62 waffle mags from them before, no-problem.

Hope there won't be any this time..... :neutral:

Shall return with report on condition upon receipt of trans-lucys.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Krinkfreak said:

I'd have to agree with this.

The evidence seems to be mounting though, against K-VAR's case.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Krinkfreak said:

+1

the clear/translucent mags where never meant to take any kind of punishment,.. at least not the older styles,...my older ones have cracks but i firmly belive that is because of the previous owners neglect and abuse. but the cracks are down along the front edge of the mags,.. not on the feed lips.

the one new one i got from K-VAR looks alot stronger because the "waffle" extends around the front of the magazine where the cracks are on the older ones. i will probally order a few more of the new style and keep them tucked away untill the older ones are completly unserviceable.

now if the mags came cracked from K-VAR and are still in there wraper you should get a new mag or a refund if you send it back with a copy of your receipt,..the key there is your receipt,..just like at any retail store hardly anything can be done without one

again i have never had any problems with K-VAR,..even when i oreded the wong stuff they worked with me to get me squared away. i hope everyone involved can come to a satisfactory conclusion to this

G

·
I?m not sure of what this ?Bluejack? persons intentions are or where he purchased these magazines but, he DID NOT purchase them from K-VAR. Our clear waffle pattern magazines are mil-spec. brand new, unissued, and will not crack unless deliberately misused. The picture of the magazine he posted is clearly made from an inferior material; our magazines are created using the latest manufacturing technologies and materials which produces a magazine that meets all military specifications and is currently being used by the military in more then half a dozen countries.

The magazines he is attempting to portray as ours are in fact NOT FROM K-VAR. I do remember many years ago that another company did import and sell some experimental non-mil-spec magazines. The magazines were labeled experimental because they have not gone through the complete process of development and have defiantly completed the process of becoming mil-spec

http://k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=3168&st=0#entry19075

I like how Bob at K-VAR says the guy never bought mags from them and then the guy Bluejack posts a copy of his invoice.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2524848#post2524848

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
clear 5.56 mags

Bob has just now posted additional info regarding this matter that is starting to shed a little more light on the issue...check it out on the k-var forum...there's more of a context between Bluejack and Bob over these mags than seems to have been apparent at the start.

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
As I have always known, KVAR and Bob always stand behind the products they sell....

KF

We stand behind and will back up all of our products.

Back in November 2004, we received a shipment of clear 5.56x45mm waffle pattern magazines from Arsenal of Bulgaria. Unfortunately, all of the clear magazines in that shipment have been sold. It has been brought to our attention that a small percentage of the clear magazines we received, were of an old variation made from a mold similar to that of the black polymer magazines. After a few conversations with Bulgaria we were informed that we received one-hundred or so transitional magazines that were mixed up in the shipment. We were unaware that these transitional magazines were in our shipment of clear waffle pattern magazines and that they had gone out to customers.

We were not trying to be offensive when describing the situation with GlennAK and his magazines fitting issues. I spoke with John at Arsenal Inc. this morning and he stated that his offer still stands, he is still willing to do an inspection on your Krinkov rifle to ensure that the rifle is within the tolerances that would allow for all standard magazines to fit. We do not mind you or anyone else posting their experiences, nor are we attempting to limit what people say on our forum. We simply just want to make sure that all forum members receive the correct information.

We are sensitive about our magazines and do not want people to make false accusations based on misinformation about our products. We went through a lot of effort to secure these magazines which were supposed to go towards military contracts. If anyone is inclined to return the transitional magazines, they can in exchange for the newly designed clear waffle pattern magazines, as long as the magazine is unmoddified. As a collector myself, I will be very interested in obtaining some of these transitional magazines for my own collection, especially since we did not notice them.

How strong and durable are the newly designed clear waffle pattern magazines? We decided that it would be in our best interest to attempt to find out.

We took one of our clear waffle pattern magazines and placed it on the asphalt outside behind a Toyota Avalon weighing approximately 4,800 lbs. We instructed the driver to back up the vehicle slowly and go over the magazine. To my astonishment, the magazine did not brake, it didn?t even crack, nothing happened to it. Maybe the Toyota Avalon doesn?t weigh enough.

We then decided to place the clear waffle pattern magazine behind the tire of a Lexus SUV weighing approximately 6,500 lbs. Again, we instructed the driver to back up the vehicle slowly and go over the magazine. As the vehicle was coming off of the clear magazine, I heard a plastic cracking sound. I was extremely amazed that the magazine still did not break, it did not even crack. The sound I heard was of the magazine hitting the ground after popping up as the tire went over it. The only damage that was actually done to the magazine during this ordeal was a few dents in the body. The dents were caused by little rocks and pebbles on the asphalt, I guess we should have sweep a little before we tried this. Frankly, I?m shocked that one tiny rocks underneath the magazine did not cause the magazine body to fracture under the pressure.

As you can very clearly see, K-VAR?s magazines are very strong and very durable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.