AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I buy 7.62x39 by the 1000 rd case of golden tiger or wolf for about $190. Is it cheaper to reload than that?

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
pbnationrc said:
I buy 7.62x39 by the 1000 rd case of golden tiger or wolf for about $190. Is it cheaper to reload than that?
No, brass alone would run you $300+ per 1K.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The other issue is making sure you are able to find all your brass after you're done shooting.

I picked up a bag of 50 rounds of brass at a gun show because it was cheap and only managed to find about 30 of 'em our first time out after firing.

With an AR-15, the brass groups almost as nicely as the holes in the paper. :wink: with an AK, that just doesn't happen and it can get pretty expensive pretty quick.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Armed Ferret said:
The other issue is making sure you are able to find all your brass after you're done shooting.

I picked up a bag of 50 rounds of brass at a gun show because it was cheap and only managed to find about 30 of 'em our first time out after firing.

With an AR-15, the brass groups almost as nicely as the holes in the paper. :wink: with an AK, that just doesn't happen and it can get pretty expensive pretty quick.
You should look into this then http://www.tacticalinc.com/ak47-valmet- ... 7210451eb3

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Ermac said:
Armed Ferret said:

You should look into this then http://www.tacticalinc.com/ak47-valmet- ... 7210451eb3
321.99 per thousand rounds of winchester brass link

175 per thousand 123-grain hornady spire points link

plus primers and powder on top of that.

How long till you even break even, let alone start saving money? :neutral:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts