AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FIXED! THANKS! Change the site settings so slow PMs aren't lost!

ITS FIXED, HALLELUJAH!!!

I've groused about this before, privately and publicly, but I'll try again. Just lost another long, technically detailed PM because it took a couple days to put together and wasn't sent immediately. Hit the send button and got the screen that says to hit the back button and refresh. Hit the back button and everything is gone. :mad:

I don't know squat about community websites, but I do know that the "other" forum is run on the same software and this doesn't happen there. If I try to send a stale message and it says go back, the PM is still there instead of vanishing. If it can be done there, it can be done here.

Rant over, but PLEASE change whatever settings are necessary to eliminate this unnecessary frustration. It has to be happening to more people than just me.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It can be annoying, I always if writing something lengthy or very detailed I write it first in Wordpad then copy/paste to send it. That way if the page takes a shit or times out you can simply re-open and copy/paste again and give it another try...pain in the butt but works.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, there are workarounds, and sometimes I remember to use them, but the bottom line is that its unnecessary for this to happen.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone has fixed this!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts