AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the rear sight and am wondering if the bolt has all the parts in it (extractor, FP, plungers, etc). And if it will fit an AKT-98/WASR 22 receiver.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
ViperR said:
I like the rear sight and am wondering if the bolt has all the parts in it (extractor, FP, plungers, etc). And if it will fit an AKT-98/WASR 22 receiver.
I will let you know when I receive my kit.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I added one to the cart.

I don't need it.... Ill probably kick myself, but I don't have a 22 yet.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There's a few threads about these over on the akfiles in the build it yourself section.

People were getting the receiver and the ejector section from Colorado Gun Sales. One guy even matched his receiver to his kit.

I've wanted one of these for about 3 years now. Still thinking I should of got one off gunjoker when the 3 variants of 22's were 350-400ish.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
You know why this is an exceptional deal?

Because the trigger guard and scope rail are included.

If you get the COGS original receiver those items are still on them.

That wood though..... Is that a G stock?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
l4mbr3tt4 said:
You know why this is an exceptional deal?

Because the trigger guard and scope rail are included.

If you get the COGS original receiver those items are still on them.

That wood though..... Is that a G stock?
I was pleasantly surprised everything was there.

I think it is a Romy G stock. has the black stripe.

I am going to check COGS out. I could build a whole new 22 with all the parts I have. Krinker plinker project here I come.

Managed to swop everything all out last night. Got it assembled, sandblasted, and parked. Still need to test fire and paint. maybe this weekend. G stock didnt make it on the rifle, not sure where im going with this yet:

·
Banned
1,881 Posts
These Kits & the availability of receivers has generated a HUGE buzz around teh firearms forum/boards , well at least a buzz ... :animak:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
anyone got the skinny on these receivers? I searched COGS site and dont see receivers anywhere for these. I even looked under the receivers section. Do you just have to call in?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
AZGreg said:
anyone got the skinny on these receivers? I searched COGS site and dont see receivers anywhere for these. I even looked under the receivers section. Do you just have to call in?

Yeah you gotta call.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
l4mbr3tt4 said:
AZGreg said:

Yeah you gotta call.
Thank you sir. Much obliged.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bought one of these kits and came unfired with all internal components aside from the center section of the receiver. Much better than I expected from CFS! Built it up on a AK-builder flat and hoping to test fire tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
hepatic said:
Forgot to mention that it came with one 10rd magazine even though not in photo. http://www.44mag.com has OEM 10rd mags for 5.99!
I was a lil excited too when I saw the extra mag on top of all the parts. Only problem is everything is in new condition and the firing pin is deforming the face of the trunnion causing metal to dig into the casing making it get stuck or fail to eject. The more I shoot it the better it gets. I'm semi reluctant to take a small round file and deburr it. I looked down the barrel and there is a small little deformation hanging down. On the fence at the moment. Happy with how it shot otherwise. Vast improvement over the wasr parts that it had.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
zoom6zoom said:
what is COGS asking for the receivers?
I saw on another board $55, but it doesnt matter.....there out.....and I missed it. :sad: I cant believe I procrastinated. Looking back in the thread, they look to be original receivers and all. :doh:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Oh well... grabbed a kit and a stack of mags anyway, hard to beat the prices. Hopefully a 74 receiver can be adapted as some have opined.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts