AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CETME, it was made during the 94 AWB. The muzzle brake is pinned in place. I see no pins or anything on the inside of the barrel... but, I want to take the brake off and put on the proper flash hider, which I have.

How would I accomplish this, exactly?

Also, I have a ban version SA-M7... I want to take off the shark brake. I see two pins... do I just push those out and slide the brake off? Is the barrel threaded underneath, and is there any more to the process?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Q,

More than likely it is a pin/weld over and is located on the bottom
of the barrel. Try to sand/grind off some of the finish and you will
probably see it there. If it is on like the one on my FAL, you will need to
cutting wheel the threaded part along the axis of the barrel in 3-4 places and
crack/split it off. Cut the brake off just in front of the muzzle first.

Let me know if you are looking for some CETME parts.
I happen to have some mags (20 and 30 round), Bayo lug, FH,
Original barrel, and a handguard.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If you look closely you may be able to find the spot it was pinned at. Set it up in a drill press and measure the wall thickness of the brake so you don't drill too deep, and then drill the pin with a cobalt bit (should go right thru the weld no prob.). The brake should then just unscrew from the end of the CETME barrel.

Haven't taken one off a SLR-95, so I'm not sure how it's attached.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Not sure about the Cetme, but when it comes to the SAM7, I have heard that the Arsenal postban shark breaks are very difficult to remove. Most people recommend heating the parts with a torch before and during the removal process. The two pins are indeed all that is holding on though.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exothermia said:
Not sure about the Cetme, but when it comes to the SAM7, I have heard that the Arsenal postban shark breaks are very difficult to remove. Most people recommend heating the parts with a torch before and during the removal process. The two pins are indeed all that is holding on though.

So push the two pins out, and underneath there are 14mm threads ready to go?

What are the pins biting into exactly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts