AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Definitely their own creation. The milled receiver stands out as the piece that doesn't fit the picture. Can someone who can log in look at the price? Sure would like to pick up a Polish NSP-3 scope to go with my AKMŁ, AKMSŁ and wz88-N.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Marcin on GB has one for 500.00 but shipping probably another 50.00. Ouch never mind he wants 700.00 for this one. Thats why I want the current PSC-5 Gabro as a sub, it is so much smaller and handier. Sorry back to fake AKML

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Cool, has the early Polish version wood transit box. Too bad it was not built on a Polish stamped receiver.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Confirmed - Century has imported a bunch of Polish and Hungarian AKM kits that they will be building on milled receivers. Somebody finally figured out that it required less time and skill to assemble a milled receiver gun than it did to fabricate a stamped/riveted receiver, and in theory this should result in a more consistent product.

How nice for them, but the rest of us will have to confront these abominations online, in stores and at the range. Yech! Really looking forward to hearing some firing line dufus bragging about how his milled receiver CAI gun is inherently more accurate than whichever finely crafted clone I'm shooting.

But to look at it on the bright side (for me, much brighter), I would be pissed as hell if they came out with a detail-correct version of the AKMŁ (or AKMSŁ) a week before the pair Two Rivers is building arrive.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Confirmed - Century has imported a bunch of Polish and Hungarian AKM kits that they will be building on milled receivers. Somebody finally figured out that it required less time and skill to assemble a milled receiver gun than it did to fabricate a stamped/riveted receiver, and in theory this should result in a more consistent product.

How nice for them, but the rest of us will have to confront these abominations online, in stores and at the range. Yech!
Agreed. I'm not a fan of a rifle built with a milled US receiver and barrel. Just doesn't seem like there any authenticity to it. But it does seem that there is a market for it. The milled century 1960 polish that came out years ago has been pretty decent and seems to hold a high dollar value.

Lets just hope that their builds on the milled receivers retain at least some of the looks of a combloc ak. Unlike their centurion 39.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
The 1960 Polish seemed to be one of those rare CAI projects that turned out pretty good, just like some of their M70 series and I'm sure, others. But it was a whole different proposition, if I recall correctly, using fairly intact kits and imported barrels - perhaps even some were made with the correct type with the conical muzzle thread. REALLY wish I could find one of those specialized barrels to go with a nice kit I found!

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
That's the crazy thing about century. Sometimes they actually come out with something decent and surprises me. While their rifles are mismatched shooters that the majority do work fine, they are far from collectors.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Somebody finally figured out that it required less time and skill to assemble a milled receiver gun than it did to fabricate a stamped/riveted receiver,
Which sucks since it might be the eventual death toll for mainstream US stamped receivers.

I would be pissed as hell if they came out with a detail-correct version of the AKMŁ (or AKMSŁ)
Yeah, rigth, haha! These might even have stuff like tack-welded scope rails.

What blows is that somebody at Century thought a collector, who would actually pay very good money for a rifle like this, would want it ruined by building it on a milled receiver, WTF?

Let them build the run of the mills on whatever they like, but Lord, don't build matching numbers stamped receiver rifles with matching number scopes (with cans matched to both the rifle and the scope), using milled receivers and sell off the trunnions to who know where, forever lost to history!

No real respect for AK's, that's for sure. Just the path of least resistance.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Forgot to mention, the price is $1800. I can't imagine that they used the two-piece screwed/staked and riveted rails, so I wonder where those are going...

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Look at that top cover on the rifle in the image.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Huh? Your old eyes must be a lot better than my old eyes, or you've found a bigger/more detailed picture. Seems like the profile is a little low, that's all I can see.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Huh? Your old eyes must be a lot better than my old eyes, or you've found a bigger/more detailed picture. Seems like the profile is a little low, that's all I can see.
No, I blew it up to check the optics rail design. But, I think you can see the top cover anyway, don't I see an ejection port, haha? Must be a composite image, and not the real deal? They didnt have a left side view, so they did the "next best thing".

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a US made milled receiver. The rifle is actually fantastic looking, and I will post pictures of it tonight if I can get to it. I picked one up from Century 2 weeks ago. The bad news is they do not have the batteries imported yet, and they are holding the scope hostage until they get them here. Estimated time of arrival 4-8 weeks. Although not a "real" akml rifle, it seems to be well built and I actually like it. I have not shot it yet due to the horrible weather/winter here in Pittsburgh, but I will as soon as I get a chance.

So why did I buy it? I was looking for a milled AK just because I wanted one, and the scope is awesome, put 2 and 2 together and it was easy for me to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
So what kind of optical rail does it have?

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
This is a US made milled receiver. The rifle is actually fantastic looking, and I will post pictures of it tonight if I can get to it. I picked one up from Century 2 weeks ago. The bad news is they do not have the batteries imported yet, and they are holding the scope hostage until they get them here. Estimated time of arrival 4-8 weeks. Although not a "real" akml rifle, it seems to be well built and I actually like it. I have not shot it yet due to the horrible weather/winter here in Pittsburgh, but I will as soon as I get a chance.

So why did I buy it? I was looking for a milled AK just because I wanted one, and the scope is awesome, put 2 and 2 together and it was easy for me to pull the trigger.
I bet you have a great time with your new purchase. Post some pics and impressions when you get the entire package together.
The 1960 milled Polish AK I own is one of only 3 Century rifles I have and it as always been accurate and fun to shoot.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Forgot to mention, the price is $1800. I can't imagine that they used the two-piece screwed/staked and riveted rails, so I wonder where those are going...

What are the odds that they just picked up the scopes and are using the run of the mill cut barrel kits , not kits from real AKML or AKMSL rifles?

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Could be, Jerry.

I'm really anxious to see the images.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts