AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was out in the shop and found a Yugo UF rear end I had forgotten about. Next thing I knew I had one of my Centerfire Yugo kits de-milled and ready to assemble. I already had a Vulcan Yugo uf receiver hanging on the wall I bought cheap a while back. A couple hrs last night and a couple more after church this afternoon and I was ready to go shoot. I spent 45 minutes of that time trying to figure out why the gas port was clogged. Then I realized I had the grenade sight flipped up and the valve was closed. Doh!

I ran 100 rounds of Brown Bear 123 gr fmj through it. The first eighty were sighting in 20 at a time and a good scrubbing with Hoppes #9 in between. The last twenty was five round groups. Got one group just under 3 1/2" at 100 yards.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
nice!

after shooting my only yugo, a fixed-stock kit from CFS' "dark bore" setup a while back, i really regret not getting a couple more of their kits.

nicely done sir!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
ITM UF?

What is this receiver? same company the made the old AKM and 74 receivers for OOW?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, It's a Vulcan receiver, not ITM. I've also got a couple ITM ak74 receivers hanging there and guess I just had a senior moment. Turning forty this week and I guess the brain cell mortality rate is rapidly increasing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts