AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my stuff mixed and tryed it out.
worked great on the stamped but shows the difference on the rewelds.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
That is some beautiful work!

I have had the same problem when welding up a hole or slot shut on my receivers. The park comes out a different shade of gray and even the hot bluing comes out a different shade of black!
So on builds like my Tabuk where I welded on it, I just apply moly resin over the park now.

Your re-welding skills are excellent. :hail:

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
How durable is the black oxide, and what size kit did you use. Was it easy to apply?

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not had a lot of experience with this so far but it seems much tougher than paint!

i just bought the 1 quart conc, some distilled water, and a walmart 12 qaurt trash can to bath them in.

mix, bath for 5 min, blow dry and then oil. then some wiping after about 30 minutes.

very easy and affordable. i like it! :dance:

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Did you have to degrease parts before using.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Did you blast the parts. It looks like they still have the old finish on the barrels.

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i blast my receivers and just dip the rear end in. i need to find a long pan for the complete unit. works for now.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I am going to have to try this stuff. I seems easy and reuseable. As for a long pan try a restraunt supply they may have what you are looking for. You will probably have to use a stainless pan.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Those are nice looking rifles. !

'AKSHOOTER" Black oxide is another form of Blueing . Blueing is a controlled form of rust that must be maintained when wet or very humid or you will see the red rust form. :hail: It is not as durable as Gunkote over parkerizing but as you can see , it looks very nice and BLACK !

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
If you are looking for something real cheap to put a complete rifle in you can use 2 plastic wallpaper trays. They are 6x6x24 but can be cut and epoxied together. I think the one I made cost about $12.00 including the epoxy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts