AK Rifles banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
To me this is a travesty for GIs to not be able to bring home captured materials. I can understand explosives but rifles that are semi auto or bolt guns should be ok Machine guns could have a set up for demil by serious welding inside so cannot be used but looks great on floor or wall. Bayonets web gear helmets should be allowed. Its the god damn liberals that have invaded everywhere that do not want anything brought home and will screw anyone big time if they try.

·
Super Moderator
25,696 Posts
At least I have several Vietnam bringback examples such as an SKS and ChiCom pistol. I could have brought a lot of cool shit home in 2005, but had to settle for several helmets and bayonets and a decon kit.

·
Banned
565 Posts
we had several turds at the top who wouldn't let us bring shit home.
Who probably have the stuff you wanted to bring home sitting in their gun safe or hanging on their wall.

Every time I read something like this about how our GI's aren't allowed to bring home stuff, I always think of how Charlie Wilson was allowed to bring home - and add to the machine gun registry after it had been closed - a Russian AKS-74U from Afghanistan

·
Registered
435 Posts
To me this is a travesty for GIs to not be able to bring home captured materials. I can understand explosives but rifles that are semi auto or bolt guns should be ok Machine guns could have a set up for demil by serious welding inside so cannot be used but looks great on floor or wall. Bayonets web gear helmets should be allowed. Its the god damn liberals that have invaded everywhere that do not want anything brought home and will screw anyone big time if they try.
Aye. Frankly, spoils of war should be viewed as a fundamental right. Its tradition to strip the bodies and bring the loot back.

Breaking discipline to loot should of course not be allowed, but if its done in an organized manner that doesn't interfere with the operation it should be not only allowed but encouraged. The government doesn't have to deal with long term disposal or storage. Just charge the soldiers shipping fees to bring it back. Any excess weapons that don't get claimed by soldiers as spoils could be sold to US civilians, it would make the government tons of $.

Really, it should be required by law that government surplus equipment as well as any spoils of war get put up for sale on the US civilian market.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Who probably have the stuff you wanted to bring home sitting in their gun safe or hanging on their wall.

Every time I read something like this about how our GI's aren't allowed to bring home stuff, I always think of how Charlie Wilson was allowed to bring home - and add to the machine gun registry after it had been closed - a Russian AKS-74U from Afghanistan
I agree. It just goes to show that there's a different set of rules for those at the top. Actually, to be more accurate, the rules differ for those at the top... and they are very few.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Aye. Frankly, spoils of war should be viewed as a fundamental right. Its tradition to strip the bodies and bring the loot back.

Breaking discipline to loot should of course not be allowed, but if its done in an organized manner that doesn't interfere with the operation it should be not only allowed but encouraged. The government doesn't have to deal with long term disposal or storage. Just charge the soldiers shipping fees to bring it back. Any excess weapons that don't get claimed by soldiers as spoils could be sold to US civilians, it would make the government tons of $.

Really, it should be required by law that government surplus equipment as well as any spoils of war get put up for sale on the US civilian market.
I feel the same.

·
Registered
661 Posts
When I was in Vietnam I blew up a RPD it was full of grenade fragments and would never shoot again I tagged it along with a sks with my name and back to supply it went. When I got back in it was long gone. This was typical of anything around the company tent area while company was gone for usually week to 2 week patrols. I had two Union Switch and Signal 45 pistols and I was going to bring them home but got talked out of it. They did 2 searches while on way home both I missed they just checked off my duffel bag. Could have brought them home. All I got home was a hand made teak tokarev model that was Chinese training thing I found in a camp near ho chi min trail and SG43 machine gun ammo box with belt and a couple pungi sticks.

·
Banned
565 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with looting in a war zone, personally - especially enemy equipment. In WWII, US and British soldiers were given "looting windows" - periods of time to loot stuff that ended promptly when the time limit expired. An old man from my hometown brought back a bunch of gold rings from Europe that he had chopped off swollen corpses using a US-issued Plumb "Boy Scout" hatchet. He sold a Mason Jar full of them in 2011 right before he died when gold prices were through the roof.

Serving in the US Military has become like 'Hunger Games' or Thunder Dome - a bunch of kids duking it out in a faraway desert for college education. At least let them bring stuff home other than PTSD.

·
Super Moderator
25,696 Posts
we had several turds at the top who wouldn't let us bring shit home. really, really sucks. I saw so much cool crap I wanted to take home.
I ended up bringing home 14 30 round AK mags, as well as a 75 round drum. To find out if I was in violation or not, I went to JAG personally to ask if it was ok, and the Major said yes, BUT they could still be confiscated as "war trophies". Had that happened I would have not been in violation of policy and would not be subject to the UCMJ. You should have seen how pissed my Plt. Sgt and Plt. Ldr was! When they asked why I did not come to them to ask, I told them they just would have said no out of hand without knowing what they were talking about, and this pissed them off even worse.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Scotty That is one interesting cobbled up center ak Has Chinese and Yugo pieces. What in hell did they do to the receiver?

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Scotty That is one interesting cobbled up center ak Has Chinese and Yugo pieces. What in hell did they do to the receiver?
Not sure, these are pics my friend shared with me. He probably does not know.

It looks to be missing the top cover, bolt carrier and who knows what else. It could be some kind of Iraqi franken gun.

·
Registered
661 Posts
stuff from Iraq

here are a few from Iraq that were captured

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Looks like a Tabuk or M70 cut away. Odd capture ��.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts