AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored to hell this evening..so took afew pics of my PLO Type 56...alittle history.. until the early 90's in Canada, we could buy Converted Auto firearm(meaning full auto's turned into semi's only, mostly what was done..selectors ground down,disconnectors ground..thats it) yes its easy to convert back..but its illegal so don't ask me about it please
one company here in Canada..was buying captured weapons from Israel by the pound, I worked for them afew times in the early 90's when I was on leave from the army and we would pull anything and everything out of the large bins we got from the IDF..we then converted them to semi auto. 90% of the weapons were ex PLO and the other 10% were ex IDF guns
so here's some really crappy pics of my Type 56...they way it looks is the way it came from Israel





hope you enjoy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bluedog said:
That's pretty pathetic that Canadians are more free than we are.
far from being more free then you guys

and thanks sasm7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
I WOULD be jealous but my Polytech has the same cool bayo assembly so yeah it rules.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
Great pics !!!! :shock:

I would like to add your weapon to our Reference Library. If possible, please take more pics and give as much history as you can. I will post and make it a sticky in the library.

Thanks for sharing!!

KF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no problem I'll take whatever pics you guys would like to see of the collection
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
If it is one like his then yes it will be threaded, 14x1 LH type threads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I plan on getting a Norinco AK47. I is a fixed stock version that has the folding bayonet at the front. I noticed it didn't have a flash suppresor or barrel end that vented gas to the top-right like most Chinese made AKs featured in the forum.

Are all Chinese made AKs threaded at the barrel end?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I am buying this brand new from a dealer here in the Philippines that imported them from China. I am assuming ther are Norinco because they are the only Chinese made AK that I am aware of.

When I looked at the barrel end before, it didn't look like it was threaded. Is there a cap that I have to remove to expose the threads? What direction to take it off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
If you're in the Phillipines all bets are off. I have seen pics of Chinese AK's (fullauto/real deal) with no threads. Yes, there'll be a nut on the muzzle if it's threaded. Push in the detent pin and unscrew (left-handed thread--i.e., backwards).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Fury

Yes the version I am getting is the one with the full auto capability. I didn't notice any detent when I got a chance to look at the display model. Will take a look again and see if there is a cap at the end of the muzzle.

If there is no cap & threaded barrel end, what would be best, just leave it as is or bring it to a gunsmith for fitting of a muzzle break?

Does the muzzle break make a significant improvement in the handling of the recoil?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
fvf said:
Fury

Yes the version I am getting is the one with the full auto capability. I didn't notice any detent when I got a chance to look at the display model. Will take a look again and see if there is a cap at the end of the muzzle.

If there is no cap & threaded barrel end, what would be best, just leave it as is or bring it to a gunsmith for fitting of a muzzle break?

Does the muzzle break make a significant improvement in the handling of the recoil?
OOOO. . .I'm so jealous. . . :evil:

That's an argument right there. . .does it matter? Depends on the brake. I'd leave it as is, since I'm a purist and the AK doesn't kick that bad. Otherwise, gunsmith.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes as the guys said..my 56 has a threaded barrel..just turn the end cap off and there they are

Mine is a Ex full auto as you can see from the pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I got to look at the folding stock version and the muzzle end of the barrel has 2 flat sides opposite each other for possibly removing an end cap.

On the fixed stock model, this end cap is not present. The muzzle end is just smooth all around.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top