AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Is this a "If you (fill in the blank), you might be a mag whore," thread? If so, I'll start.

If you buy mags for guns you think you may someday own, you might be a mag whore.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Some one who lived during the AWB, and still remembers it vividly. When I bought my G22 during the ban, an OE 15 round mag cost about 70.00. I won't be caught like that again.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
When you get right down to it defining mag whore is tough. It's all a matter of perspective. At some point there's "enough". Then there's "prepared". This is usually followed by "investments". Somewhere after that is mag whore.
Personally anything more than double what I would carry in a shtf situation is pushing the mag whore line. There are some folks who have mags asshole deep for a single rifle and have not only more mags than they could carry in a wagon but enough to equip ten other people with the same rifle. And that's just stupid. When they die all of their shit is likely to be tossed into the nearest dumpster.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Quality mags can make good sale/trade fodder **IF** you can bear to part with them and the price is right. For instance, the sale on M85 mags @ $10ea. Hard to go wrong stocking up at that price point.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I guess my 27 gallon Plano Sportsmans Trunk full of mags is stupid then. At least it gives me a sturdy place to sit.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Rare mags are "comfort food" for the AK collector. The rest I have no interest in. Best definition of "Mag Whore", IMHO, is one who just buys every cheap mag deal that come along, without regard.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I have three each AK47 and AK74. I probably have 12 mags for each gun. Not including 5 drum mags for the AK47's. I have 25 mags for 2 Ar15's. I will admit I have lost track of how many AK mags I really do have. It may be more than 12 each or not. I also have five mags for my Golani. Where does that place me? LOL

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I have three each AK47 and AK74. I probably have 12 mags for each gun. Not including 5 drum mags for the AK47's. I have 25 mags for 2 Ar15's. I will admit I have lost track of how many AK mags I really do have. It may be more than 12 each or not. I also have five mags for my Golani. Where does that place me? LOL
Having a few replacements on hand is smart not knowing the future of any of this. I do not see you as being a mag whore. SW thief, yes. Mag whore, no....lol....:cool:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Prepared. You have way more than you'll carry but have enough guns to equip a few buddies with appropriate mags.
People have different opinions and I'm cool with that. What is good for some is not meant for others. I like that it's possible to be a mag whore and should the day come that there are no more out there because of disaster or law those piles of mags will suddenly be good investments.

I should probably add to my own definition of mag whore. Seems a very important qualifying indicator is the inability to pass up an available mag even though one already has a room in the house dedicated to storing them. You know who you are.
That borderlines addiction, IMHO.
If when you move you have to hire a truck just to move your mags, you might be a mag whore.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Having a few replacements on hand is smart not knowing the future of any of this. I do not see you as being a mag whore. SW thief, yes. Mag whore, no....lol....
Damn, a guy make's one mistake, one and he's branded for life. Of course, it could be worse. I could be known as the guy that started the SW. LOL

HI-OHHHHHHHHH!:party:

Reactions: TRAAK's

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Prepared. You have way more than you'll carry but have enough guns to equip a few buddies with appropriate mags.
People have different opinions and I'm cool with that. What is good for some is not meant for others. I like that it's possible to be a mag whore and should the day come that there are no more out there because of disaster or law those piles of mags will suddenly be good investments.

I should probably add to my own definition of mag whore. Seems a very important qualifying indicator is the inability to pass up an available mag even though one already has a room in the house dedicated to storing them. You know who you are.
That borderlines addiction, IMHO.
If when you move you have to hire a truck just to move your mags, you might be a mag whore.

:walkdoor:....lol

Oh Crap, the :twisted: 666 post..

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you lose count of your mags for one type of gun, you own more than 10 mags, for a gun you dont own, buying mags and not even opening the boxes when they get delivered, if you think a 100 mags is a good starting point, if mags show up in the mail and you forgot you even ordered them.

I would say I fit the term

1 - 20 of 39 Posts