AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've benn wanting to get a full suto for some time now, but I don't want to pay up the ying yag to get one. I heard you can get one though a Living Trust an I plan on going that route but how can I avoid $10,000 and such price tag? The story I heard about the living Trust (I think its stickied at the top of this forum) and he got a Krinkov FA for $1500. Whats the scoop?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Nope, anything Fullauto and transferable is going to be $$$.
The Trust is to avoid the required LEO sign-off. Some LEOs don't like NFA, even though it is legal in that area. You must still find a pre-86 transferable weapon and pay all transfer costs and dealer fees.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
pbnationrc said:
he got a Krinkov FA for $1500. Whats the scoop?
The only way someone can buy a FA for that kind of price, is if he a class 3 dealer or a class 2 SOT , and bought it as a post dealer sample, tax exempt, on PD letterhead, to demonstrate it to local LE. I believe that 1500 bucks is a bit much for a post dealer sample "krink", when post sample MP5s run about 800 bucks

And before you go asking about how to get a class 3 FFL, know this, you have to be in the business of actively buying and selling NFA weapons. Getting one so you can buy cheap post sample weapons, for your own use, without engaging in the business, will bring the ATF down on you. a Class 2 SOT is a manufaturer or NFA weapons, that also can buy and sell NFA weapons, the same rules apply to being a class 2

Bottom line, if you want to play, dig down deep, get a second mortage, as that is the only way you can legally buy a transferable MG

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. I always know class you had to be in buisness. I just thought there was a different way. I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming or move to Somila.

·
Registered
600 Posts
pbnationrc said:
he got a Krinkov FA for $1500. Whats the scoop?
I think you are referring to me since you mentioned the sticky at the top of this section. Let me clarify, the Krink is not Full-Auto. The purpose of the that post was to show how to use the 'Living Trust Method' to obtain a NFA weapon. In my case, the NFA weapon was a SBR (short barrel rifle) which only fires in semi-auto. The steps would have been the same if I was buying a Full-Auto rifle, except I would have been paying much more for a fully transferable machine gun.

Having a Living Trust does not gain you special monetary discounts. You still gotta pay to play. :wink:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Ground floor on a transferrable full auto/select fire is going to be about $3.5K.

That'll get you a MAC-10 or MAC-11, possibly a Stemple, and maybe a beat up Sten tube gun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes it's sad that we cannot fully exercise our contitutional rights to own military weapons. That being said, the whole full auto thing is overrated. I'd recommend you befriend a title2 SoT or class 3 dealer and just use their stuff.

There is a certain satisfaction knowing you own a fully capable weapon but I don't personally feel it's 10 grand worth of satisfaction. Unless you are wealthy or shooting on someone else's dime it gets old fairly fast. Well except for beltfeds, they are always fun but fabulously expensive.

Full auto is one of those things not many people get to experience but really, once you've shot them enough you'll find yourself looking at other things and most likely just end up thinking of it as cash in the bank rather then something you care to shoot much. One thing I've noticed amongst Title 2 SOT holders is how many hardly ever shoot MGs anymore(believe me the knob creek guys are a minority of title2/class3 dealers), looking around it seems like more and more of them really get into precision rifles and high end glass. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side or something.

Now if it didn't cost extra(aside maybe 200$ for the NFA tax, which is BS anyway) I'd have everything select fire just for principle, but I'd practically never use it except to keep familiar with handling and managing recoil.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Templar said:
Ground floor on a transferrable full auto/select fire is going to be about $3.5K.

That'll get you a MAC-10 or MAC-11, possibly a Stemple, and maybe a beat up Sten tube gun.
+1 to the mac 10, you can go 80's style!

personally, id step up and drop the $6500+ or so for the uzi. correct me if im wrong but a "b" model IMI is in that range. all the coin you are saving over an ar (13kish) or ak (14k+) you could buy a ton of inexpensive 9mm (i use reloads in mine , $0.16/a piece) and can get hi cap mags cheap (aim has surplus 32 rds for $13)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts