AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1 from the gun shop a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find out ANYTHING about it. Paid $301 out the door for it and it's in great shape. Bore is excellent, stock is matching to the receiver. Sadly the bolt doesn't match, but it seems that everything else does. But anyways, I can't find ANY info on it. The right side of the receiver (where the bolt handle rests in the down position) has no markings other than what looks like a crown and some other random stampings. Other side is marked "LC" with the serial number, and then "NO 4 MK 1" near the chamber. On top of the chamber, there is what looks to be a 5 pointed star. Barrel under the top rear handguard is marked with the serial and a bunch of random proofs including a couple crowns (and crowns with "N" and what looks like "P" underneath). Also what looks like some kind of bird with an "N" under it. No import marks. I'm stumped. Never had a British rifle before and looking for some help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
According to this site, http://www.allaboutenfields.co.nz/
The rifle was built at Royal Ordnance Factory Fazakerley. No date stamp or anything though so no telling when it was built unless the letter stamps indicate date of manufacture. Didnt really read to much into detail but thats what I got after a quick search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts